Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WES

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rampage, Oct 2, 2002.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Wes, when are you going to do a brain dump and come up with the Wes-lopedia? Basically a reference book for 10/12 bolts and D44/D60 that has information on which parts are interchangeble between the various models and years. Lotsa pics and part # would be great too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I know this would take a lot of work and time but seeing how many questions there are regarding this info I think it would be helpful to many people ... but then again I think you like answering these questions over and over just to raise your post count /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I for one would be willing to pay for this info if it was in paperback form available in OffCamber4x4 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

LMAO!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously, I'm still trying to find/round up parts that I need to do the write up on the "first & second design" axles. I've gotten some stuff, but need more. I want certain stuff to take pics of them side by side to show the differences.

Maybe I will post a "parts wanted" thread. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

get some of the people on the bb to send you pic

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I'm around axles all the time. Let me know what pics you need.

5. thatK30guy

Ok, let's try this instead...pics from others who have the actual parts. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I need pics of the following:

1. Tie rods. I want a pic of each tie rod between any of the years listed: a. '73-'76 b. '77-'80 c. '81-'91 All on either the D44 or 10 bolt front axle.

2. Axle housings. I need a pic of the bare axle housings. One of each from the years listed: a. '73-'76 b. '77-'80 c. '81-91 The '73-'80 axles don't matter if they are D44 or 10 bolt.

3. Steering knuckles. I need a pic of both side knuckles, bare, from the years listed: a. '73-'76 b. '77-'91 Again, don't matter if they are D44 or 10 bolt.

4. Axle shafts. Need a pic of both long and short shafts, both D44 and 10 bolt pics needed.

5. Spindles. Need a pic of the '76 and older, and the '77 and newer, again, either D44 or 10 bolt will work fine.

6. Bearing hubs/rotors. I need a pic of the 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton bearing hubs/rotors. I need the 3/4 ton pics in both the internal and external hubs.

7. Backing plates. I have pretty much all these, but will let you guys know later after I get the other pics in.

8. Calipers. I need a pic of the D44 and 10 bolt calipers, side by side, both with the rubber stock brake line if possible.

These are the main ones I need for now. Please send them to me via e-mail or PM, depending on if you want to download the pics to the CK5 membership or not. If you are not a member, e-mail the pics to me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn, to bad you want pics of all this stuff while off the rig, i have a D44 from 1975 on my burb right now.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. thatK30guy

Yeah, it makes it easier to see, study and view the pictures of the parts when they are separate from the assembly. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's too hard to explain the actual part when they are still bolted to the axle. This is why a side by side comparo will benefit the reader better. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Tear it down ... you know you want to rebuild it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. thatK30guy

Yeah! Tear it down, baby! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have the 10 bolt axle assembly already torn down, so the parts are readily available for me here. This one is an '83 K10 axle, so no one needs to worry about the parts for the '81-'91 years.

I mainly need pics of the '80 and older axles. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm gonna be as soon as I get my new parts to convert to 3/4ton /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

11. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Wes, take a look at my Webshots page, http://community.webshots.com/user/nvrenuf_4x4 , in the Parts album I have some example pictures of internal & external D44 (3/4 ton) and D60 axles both with and without locking hubs.

Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. thatK30guy

John, PERFECT!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW, do you mind if I download them to my CK5 membership pages? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Webshots won't let the pics show up on the [image] tags, so, I need to save them to CK5 instead. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Go ahead and do what ever you want with them. Something like this was exactly why I posted them, it's always so tough to find an internal/external explanation pic when you need it.

I have all of these axles/parts here so if you need any different angles or better pics let me know and I can take more pictures. Also, if you have to pay for the Webshots download let me know and I'll email them to directly you.

On the same note, if you need any BBC, 14 bolt, rear D70, TH400 or NP205 pics I can do that stuff as well.

14. thatK30guy

Thanks John! You the man! I will let you know of other pics I need. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif