Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

West Texas Off Road hydro assist

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Deadman514, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Deadman514

Deadman514 Registered Member

I posted this on another site -but I figured I'd post it here too.
    It's on my Ford but it works for all rigs. I have pics -but I don't think you hardcore Chevy guys want my Ford pics on your site /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ok -Here goes...
    This is not a product review YET. This is a customer service review.
    I sent them my power steering box to rebuild and port for the Redneck Ram. They not only had it built and shipped in less than two days -they picked up a new Saganaw pump and modified it for more flow and higher pressure. They shipped it UPS three day select. UPS lost the package. I called Lisa. She immediatly offered to buy me a new box/pump and next day it to me. I didn't want them to take that kind of hit so I asked her how long we should give UPS to sort it out. She asked me to wait till Monday (the package was supposed to be delivered that Tuesday) -I figured a week would be fine -considering that if they had to buy a new box (or rebuild) they'd get hit with a massive core charge. So I waited till Monday. When I called Lisa -the new box had already been delivered to them and was in the process of being modified. It went out Tuesday next day air and I received it on Wednesday.
    Finally got it in and burped the system. I didn't install the ram yet because I don't have a welder -but that's coming soon. As it is -I can turn the 38" tires lock to lock with one finger -parked on pavement. Something I never was able to do (barely able to turn them while parking in the city -with both hands). I was too exhausted to take it out for a test run longer than around my block -I'll get back to you on that.

www.westtexasoffroad.com

I finally got the ram installed! Steering is a bit slower -but WAY stronger. I still have a tiny leak from one of the NPT fittings and a bit of air to work out. So far their claims are true. I put the tire up against my wall and turned the wheel -the truck was pushed over to the side with just the palm of my hand!
    I'll take it on the highway tomorrow and tell you how it goes.

Ok -so I've been driving this thing on the street. Everything's great with the steering. Works as advertised. Matt and Lisa are great people to deal with and the parts work at a great price...What more could you ask for?
    No more wander on the highway -even when I'm halfway in and out of the tracks (you NY guys know what I'm talking about). Death wobble is non-existant.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i read this on the PBB, and Matt is well known as a good guy.

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They shipped it UPS three day select. UPS lost the package. I called Lisa. She immediatly offered to buy me a new box/pump and next day it to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

UPS broke my pump to the point where i couldnt fix it,

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

as always Matt is great to deal with. Its nice to find companies like West Texas Offroad. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

Thanks again guys, i really apprieciate all the kind words. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I had a similar experience with westtexasoffroad.com! Matt and Lisa are some of the best folks out there in this industry. They will bend over backwards for any of their customers. WTO products are top notch as well. I'd suggest them to anyone in a heartbeat!

Thanks Matt and Lisa for all your hard work and dedication! You guys ROCK! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

-Dan