Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

West Virginia Friends

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by husurddy, Aug 15, 2005.

1. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
    My nine year old daughter asked if we could spend our vacation in West Virginia cuz she has never been there; can anyone help me out and tell me where some good trails and camping sights are? My truck is a DD and isn't ready for difficult trails but "moderate" would be perfect. Let me know.

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

When would the trip be planned for? I might be able to find some good ones for you if its after August. Ill be back in WMD and wheeling then. What vehicle do you have?

-Randy

3. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

I'll be headed there the 22nd through the 29th of this month. My truck is an 87 Blazer with a fresh 350, 4:10's, five inches of lift but only 33 12:50s and no winch. Do you have an idea of what areas I should look at? We had hoped to find something in the eastern part of the state. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan Dykes

4. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I go to school in Frostburg, and a bunch of my friends wheel in WMD and eastern WVA. Im gonna be back there around the 25th, but I dont know if Ill be ready for wheeling that early (need to do a few things up there before I go out wheeling, or carnage will follow).

There are some good jeep trails around the Morgantown area. We went to a wildlife trail near Keyser a few times. Also a bunch of places around WMD. My friends would know the directions better. Ill try and find some spots, but without people up there at the moment, it might have to wait till around the 25th. Things might have changed during the break regarding the trails. I will pm you as I hear back from them.

5. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Cool, sounds great. I'm going to do a little research on the net but it is never as good as getting tips and info from people who have wheeled it themselves.
    :bow: :bow: :bow:

Bryan Dykes