Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Western Washington Inspection Stations

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ChevyHuny, Jan 22, 2003.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Hi guys /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was wondering if anyone knew locations for vehicle inspection stations for salvage rebuilds. You see....

I finally get my truck back and done Thursday /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif but I can't seem to get an inspection appointment any sooner then NEXT thursday /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif . Meaning until my inspection is done I can't get it registered /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif . I really need my truck and bad /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif. The only vehicle inspection station I can find is in Tacoma /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and I can't get an appointment in there any sooner then NEXT thursday. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Does anyone know where another one might be /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I recall going to one to have my car inspected 2 years ago in Seatac but none of the vehicle license places found a number for them and said it may not exist anymore /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I will drive up there tomorrow and see /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ... I will drive an hour if I have to to another station /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif if there is one who would have an appointment before next thursday. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just thought I would throw it out there for ideas. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I should add the inspections are NOT emissions but inspection set up by State patrol to inspect salvage rebuilds, kit cars, trailers, ect.... But I am sure most of you know that. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

There is one in Bellingham next to airport. Used it for a trailer I built about 2 years ago.

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

the only one i know of is the one in tacoma.....hey did ya get the lift on yet?

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Now that I know there are more of them in washington (thanks to you guys here and in pms) I searched on-line and was able to find a phone listing for all of them. I found one an hour from me that doesn't need appointments and has them every monday and tuesday. Thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have not had the chance yet to put the lift on. Because of the unexpected transmission problems it had to go on the back burner. Now that work will be done tomorrow and hopfully soon I can start saving up for some tires. It is going to take awhile but as soon as I do the lift will go on . /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks again for finding that lift for me leadfoot.

5. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

hey no problem...good to see ya back on the board here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

also one right at the junction of 99 and 518/405, next to the lewis and clark theatre (2 miles west of southcenter )

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I think theres one in Bellevue. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rob, the one you are speaking of is the one I went to a few years ago myself. I called and asked about it and they said that it is no longer open. It wasnt listed on the list either but I thank you anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think they should re open it, maybe then there wouldnt be such a back up at Tacoma. It is in a perfect location to take care of all of federal way, seatac, auburn etc...

Bellvue didnt have any appointments until Febuary /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif . Is bellvue really big? I am going to go to Bremerton as they do not need appointments and they do them twice a week. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif They are only an hour away too which is a releif. If you all ever need the list here it is.

Washington State Vehicle Inspection Stations

I am starting to get excited /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif
    OK so I need to get a life /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif lol