Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Westling clutch products. Any thoughts/reviews?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by newyorkin, May 16, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Anyone ever use a westling clutch product? I'm looking at a westling clutch kit marked as "New in box/never used" for $40 on ebay. All the clutches I've priced out for my truck are $100-200.

How different or crappy can it be? Anyone ever hear of "Westling"?

The truck probably won't get more than 5000 miles a year, either, so I'm not terribly concerned with how long the clutch will last. Although, if I loan it out or teach my wife to drive stick on it, I may want something that'll take some abuse...

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

It's a remanufactured clutch. I'd stay away from it. Re-man clutches have a bad habit of exploding pre-maturly. I had a couple of them (reman ones, can't remember if they were westiliings or not) explode within 1000mi. Go to any reputable trans shop and they will tell the same thing, don't even bother with a remanufactured clutch. Just spend the $200 and get a luk and no worries. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

ooooh, that would suck... Thanks... I figured something like that would probably be the case... "If it's too good to be true, it probably is"...