Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wet Floor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zcarczar, Dec 29, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

My floor is getting wet behind the front seats right in the corners before the tub rises up to the rear seat. The thing that gets me is that there is no visible signs of leaks any where. Any body got any ideas?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Common area for rust...that area gets the road spray from the rear tires./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

The thing is my truck hasnt moved since friday and it rained last night. So it isnt road spray, at least i dont think it is. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

check for cracks or any rot in the floor..if you have never pulled up your carpet up befor...do it and see what you flooor really looks like...allthough out there i doubt you would have to much to worry about...it might be a leak in the weather stripping wear the cap meets the cab or the side windows..doors? just some ideas..

5. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

Hey zcarczar
    That is a wild picture under your name, real "Dukes of Hazzard" sh!t
    It catches my eye every time you post, wheres the pic from?

-Matt

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

tear all your carpet out, Caulk where the leak is and put roll in liner in there, or if you got the cash have it Line-X'ed

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Alright let me clarify some stuff, Carpet is out and has been out since christmas day. I have no freaking idea where the water is coming from because both the drivers side and passengers side of the floor is getting wet. I can get pictures of were it is getting wet if it might help anyone diagnose my problem. And luckily I dont have any rust yet, thank god for galvanized floors and California deserts.

I got the pic from a video my friend shot of me jumping my blazer. The video is on my site, just follow the link below.

8. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

It sounds like it may be the roof or door seals although both door seals at once would be kind of odd. Since you've already got the carpet up, dry it out the best you can and break out the water hose. Start out low and work your way toward the top seal going slow. I'd start aroud the doors and then go to the roof. Watch for it running in and pooling in the floor. Hopefully you will find it.

9. tRustyK5

Good advice there...

Rene

10. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

pic1
    pic2
    pic3

Check the floor for rust, if its not that maybe a top seal? are the panels or behind the panels on the sides wet?
    I would bet its the floor though. Pull the carpet up and start poking around with a screwdriver! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

If I would have kept reading I would know you already checked the floors and the carpet was out. I would say its a door seal, or after a jump like that you might have jarred the top loose a little. Try tightening your bolts across the top and make sure your doors are closing all the way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Good luck!

12. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Hey man I went through this before , It's probably not the seals for the top , the Door seals , it's not from jumping it, it's not a rotted out floor, it's the damn sliders!!!!! They leak if there's a heavy rain , slow misty type rain is no problem . I think there's a drain in the bottom of the aluminum frame for the sliders , and if it get's plugged up with debris , or it can't drain fast enough , it pools up in there , inside and outside the window , and will drip pretty steady !! Look @ your chrome piece that holds your top down on the inside rail , I'll bet there is evidence of water dripping/running down it . It in turn runs down onto the carpet , and the carpet holds the moisture longer than the window or the rail I mentioned ,as it evaporates from there right away !!! Had me stumped for the longest time!!!!!Good luck man! Don't really have a solution , other than getting rid of the sliders , just been dealin' with it!!! ...........................CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

The top is leaking.

14. Doug M

Doug M Registered Member

Agree with leaking top. My floor gets wet there after hard rain, don't have sliders.

15. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

hit the nail on the head!

Mine was doing this- couldn't figure it out for the life of me...till I removed the top- found the weatherstrip wasn't what i was suppose to be, replaced the weatherstrip- double checked the top for "cracks"...dry now.

Also- the trim where the roof sits is also a culprit...runs along between the cab and cap and drips in.

Brandy

16. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

mine does the same thing. it leaks on the seal on the top and rolls down the rails, behind the side boards and onto the floor right behind the front seats.

17. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Here's another vote for the top leaking. Possibly running down the sides and down behind the seats.

John

18. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

geez now if any one had botherd to read up farther and see that i had just said that it could have something to do with the seals.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yes, you did......

20. tRustyK5

It might be the seals... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene