Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WFO Concepts, Custom steering arms, tierods, draglinks, etc.

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by wfo, Oct 22, 2004.

1. wfo

wfo Registered Member

If you are looking for a custom steering setup for a 44 or 60 front axle, check out my web page. www.wfoconcepts.com. I have sold parts to quite a few people on the board. My custom dana 60 double arms are a great choice for people who are moving their axle forward. Not to mention, I make custom length draglink and tierod assemblies that do not use weld in inserts. They are drilled and tapped DOM. Trevor, WFO, AUBURN CA.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I highly recommend using Trevor for any of your parts needs for steering! I have his reversed D60 arms, tierod, and draglink. The prices are good, and the parts quality and customer servise is 2nd to none! I think I ordered my custom length draglink on Tuesday and it was at my house on Friday!!!
    WFO gets a BIG /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif from me!!

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I like the front bumper on the Chevy, it's the same body style as my tow rig (98 Suburban). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    http://www.wfoconcepts.com./Projects/Chevy/gallery.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Uuummmm... all I can say it WOW!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

another recommendation for WFO. I have his double arms and they are high quality stuff to say the least. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again... and if he makes toyota arms, I probably will. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    another recommendation for WFO. I have his double arms and they are high quality stuff to say the least. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again... and if he makes toyota arms, I probably will. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have your double arms installed? If so, do you have your shock mounts moved? Any pics of where/how you did them?

7. jekbrown

double arms are installed, but my tie rod is still in the stock position. I'm in the process of doing a 52" spring swap which will include getting rid of my zero rates (need to, for clearance for the tierod), relocating the shocks, longer brake lines, lim straps, bump stops and all that other good stuff. I got one of the cheap shock hoop kits from BTF that they have on sale right now. Think they are $64.99 or something. In any case, I will be taking tons of pics of the whole process so other newbs can follow along. Things are sorta slow right now because I have been changing jobs and taking care of wedding arrangements and all that crap. This winter, things will get done a lot faster. In the meantime, I just run my DT8000s in the standard ford-shock-tower location. I have to run them upside down so the double arm doesnt hit the shock body, but other than that all is good.

anyway, almost hijacked the thread for a second there... lets get back to talking about WFO and how Trevor kicks azz. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

8. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

another /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif to trevor. Ordered a tie rod and it showed up TWO days later. Exactly what i wanted.

9. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    double arms are installed, but my tie rod is still in the stock position. I'm in the process of doing a 52" spring swap which will include getting rid of my zero rates (need to, for clearance for the tierod)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my 52's installed w/ zero rates and the tie rod on there... It will clear. Haven't wheeled (driven) it yet, may rub a little at full droop but I don't think it is going to be much of an issue.

10. jekbrown

maybe my tie rod is thicker or something. I dunno... all I know is when I got the arms installed I layed a flat piece of wood across them to see where the tie rod would go and it was VERY close to the leaf springs... we're talking like 1/8" of something. Thats with my rancho 4" lift springs and zero rates. I am re-building new 52" packs that have one extra leaf in them, but no zero rate, oughta work out better with respect to clearance. I dont really need the zero rates anyway, my perches are redrilled for axle relocation, all the ZRs were doing is providing a bit of lift.

j

11. wfo

wfo Registered Member

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! I really appreciate it! Trevor, WFO

12. jekbrown

I'll get around to it. The engineers who designed them say "upside down" mounting is fine btw. In any case, I have 2 BBCS shocks on the way that will being going up front before I drive the thing again.

j

13. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I like the front bumper on the Chevy, it's the same body style as my tow rig (98 Suburban). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    http://www.wfoconcepts.com./Projects/Chevy/gallery.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Uuummmm... all I can say it WOW!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

hmmm, maybe there is hope for my K1500 yet... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

to anyone who thinks a 5 link and a 3 link don't flex, damn

16. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Bought some wheel spacers from WFO. Good products, fast and friendly service /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

supersize75k5 bought the crossover from trevor a while back for his 60, he shipped it the same day shawn ordered it! And the price was amazing, the only thing that could make it have more bling is chrome!

I'll be shopping there for my x-over /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. wfo

wfo Registered Member

Sale on HD double arms.

Until the end of January, I will sell you a set of HD double arms for $255 shipped to your door. This includes both arms, 2 shim packs, 2 gaskets, 2 zerks, and 2 upper kingpin washers. Trevor WFO Concepts