Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WFO HD steering arm (D60)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by perp, Aug 11, 2005.

1. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Has any one tried the WFO HD d60 steering arms. These are the arms that eliminate the spring on top of the king pin. seems like you would be reshimming alot, just want some feedback from anyone with experience using these or anyone elses best guess opinion too. LINK to the WFO HD arm page.

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I can't say anything for their HD arms, but I run the reversed WFO D60 arms and they are great. I couldn't have anything better to say about the service, help, and quality of the products from WFO. I have their arms, TRE's, Tierod, Draglink, and Pitman arm.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

x2

why not just run their regular kingpin-spring-retaining arms? they are plenty "heavy duty" enough. I seriously doubt you could break one of their arms before you broke a stock knuckle or a tie rod end.

j

4. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I was mostly just curious as i have never seen arms for a D60 that eliminated the springs before. I am planning on running the double ended arm with a spring they sell. I am moving the front axle forward and my ORD crossover is going to hit my high steer, so i think moving in behind the diff will work for me.
    thanks for the input, it i salways easier to buy from an unfamiliar company when others have been treated well

5. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I think they were designed to elminate the death wobble found when running bigger tires. I too am thinking about buying the HD arms as I just dont want to deal with the spring. Mines trailered everywere so I shoudnt have a bunch of wear. I say call up Trevor at WFO and talk to him about it. I met him last weekend and hes a cool guy. Im defently going to him for all my high steer junk and anything else I might need.