Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WhaaaHOOOoooooooo Severe Weather

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looking out the window I can see something coming this way. The lightning is cool to watch. They're calling for 80mph+ winds, but the trees are hardly moving as of yet. Just starting too rain.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

go stand on the roof... do us a favor... LOL
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    go stand on the roof with a metal stick... do us a favor... LOL
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    go stand on the roof... do us a favor... LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Don't forget to hold onto your Uranus length CB antenna /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    go stand on the roof with a metal stick... do us a favor... LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You people are funny........................................................lookin' anyways. I love thunderstorms. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Don't know why, just always have.

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

do you ever pause when creating a post and just thin.. .no one else really cares, why should i bother posting this?

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i know, i know, the answer you are looking for is "NO"

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    do you ever pause when creating a post and just thin.. .no one else really cares, why should i bother posting this?

[/ QUOTE ] Well, I've seen more then a few posts by verous people that I didn't care about. So what, y'all don't have too click on anything if you don't want to.

9. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I would think someone living in a trailer park would not be excited about severe thunderstorms, ya know if it turns into a twister you guys will be the first ones hit /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif and then you can be on the news telling how you saw it over yonder and it sure was a doosey LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would think someone living in a trailer park would not be excited about severe thunderstorms, ya know if it turns into a twister you guys will be the first ones hit /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif and then you can be on the news telling how you saw it over yonder and it sure was a doosey LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Well, I've seen more then a few posts by verous people that I didn't care about. So what, y'all don't have too click on anything if you don't want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not what i said. can you answer my question? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

One of the cooler things I've seen (on the discovery channel i think) in the way of expirements had to do with lightning storms. They took these model rockets and hooked a thin metal wire up to it that was like 3-400 feet long and attached to a metal post in a 5 gallon bucket of sand. When they launch (had a computer tell them when the charge was close) the lightning went down the wire and into the bucket, or vise versa, cant really remember. But it made this pimp ass glass cone. You should try that. But with a couple poles (one in each hand) and an aluminum ladder /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not what i said. can you answer my question? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] It's not a matter of thinking if anyone will care, but more of not giving a sh*t if anyone likes what I have too say or not. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

During the summer months in the Owens Valley CA. I used to ride up to the top of a 3000 foot hill before a thunderstorm and get comfy with a bottle of Wild Turkey. We would watch the T storms coming up the valley getting closer and closer untill they were right on top of us. That was the scary part. All the while we could see lightning striking the ground and touching off fires. As the storm moved on, rain would come behind the lightning and put the fires out. It was really neat to watch Mother Nature cleaning up the dry weeds. Later I found out, new grass would grow from seeds that were left behind the fires. I read that most of these types of seeds would not germinate untill they reached a temperature of 400 degrees. Mother Nature's way of replentishing and cleansing... Neat eh? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    During the summer months in the Owens Valley CA. I used to ride up to the top of a 3000 foot hill before a thunderstorm and get comfy with a bottle of Wild Turkey. We would watch the T storms coming up the valley getting closer and closer untill they were right on top of us. That was the scary part. All the while we could see lightning striking the ground and touching off fires. As the storm moved on, rain would come behind the lightning and put the fires out. It was really neat to watch Mother Nature cleaning up the dry weeds. Later I found out, new grass would grow from seeds that were left behind the fires. I read that most of these types of seeds would not germinate untill they reached a temperature of 400 degrees. Mother Nature's way of replentishing and cleansing... Neat eh? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] That would be so kewl too see. I like driving up on some high point with a good view too watch storms. Yesterday's storm came outta the south, so I really didn't get a chance too go up on Skyline Dr. befor it got here, wouldn't have seen much anyways.