Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What 35s to get? Poll

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by climbinnbouldern, Nov 11, 2003.

1. climbinnbouldern

climbinnbouldern Newbie

Not sure as to what 35x12.50x15 to get.... so lets poll
    I will be wheelin in on some local trails, some local farms,driving alot in the snow (upstate ny), and driving back and forth to school

I have ordered my shackle flip, and will be ordering springs, and tires and other goodies for my truck, but just need some first hand advice (on road noise, wear, etc.)

Thanks,
    Tom
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I have 33 BFG Mud Terrains and will be goin to a 35 in the summer. They do great on the road as far as I can tell so far-only bout 10k miles on em. There good in the mud too. The only thing I would be worried about is the winter driving. We dont have much snow down here in VA but they did alright for me. Ive heard others say a MT tire isnt good on the ice. Others will chime in on that Im sure.

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I selected "Other" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I would put in a vote for the Goodyear MT/R's. I just got a set and love them so far! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I have to second the Goodyear MT/R's. Been looking into finally getting some bigger tires, and w/ the road duty my truck sees, along w/ the different types of terrain I run (all, but more rocks if I can get my butt back to Dis.) MT/R's seem to be the hands down winner. This is after considering TSL radials, BFG's, Pro Comps, Dunlops, and every other tire under the Sun. I am intrigued (sp?) at the Nitto Mud Grappler, but it hasn't been released yet, so it may be a worthwhile option. My 2 pennies.

John

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ive heard others say a MT tire isnt good on the ice.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as that goes, no tire is good on ICE unless it's studded

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

i selected other as well, but not for MT/R's. have you looked at the General grabber MT's? had them on the toy, loved them. they were actually round too.

7. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

I like the pro-comp x-terrains

Are the pro-comps still buy 3 get 1 free?

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I like beer.........................

9. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yeah, me too!

The colder the better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

10. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Whatever mud tire you go with get em studded /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I'm running a set of dunlop's with studs and it has already been tested in both snow and ice. I'm satisfied /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I voted for the interco tire because I'm curious how they wear. I would probably get the 35x12.50 SSR. oh and I love beer too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I can go anywhere I want with my BFG A/T's...and the places I can't go would tear my truck apart anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    A/T's run very quite and you get great wear from then...

13. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i have goodyear wrangler MTRs and I love them. But they r too big for my truck because the 4" lift is crapped out. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

14. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can go anywhere I want with my BFG A/T's...and the places I can't go would tear my truck apart anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with TonyP. BFG A/T are great unless you do alot of mud, I've got em and love em. plus they are severe weather rated.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'll definitely 3rd that one. BFG A/T. Great in the snow and for the road. Not so good off road...but save your money for some hardcore tires if you want to do a lot of offroading and you can have the best of both!!

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Goodyear MTRs. best all around tire you can buy IMO.

if ur tryin to save some dough, the buy 3 get 1 free deal on procomp MTs from 4wpw isnt bad. either way you can get a 0-mile 100% new trail spare (35" procomp MT) from me for a mere $100 more. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

17. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Id love to get a MTR but the only reason why I cant is because they dont have a 16.5 rim size. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

18. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

The TRXUS come siped from the factory. That'll help in slippery conditions. They seem to be wearing pretty good on mine. Just my, .02 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And mine handle great in the snow! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can go anywhere I want with my BFG A/T's...and the places I can't go would tear my truck apart anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

I will 4th that I love my bfg ats, 6k miles on em and still have the nipples on the tread, so wear is good, and as far as snow 1.5 ft snow on a dirt road didnt bother them at all.
    Ice on the other hand, no non studded tire is gonna be great on ice, but I would put money on my bfgs against any other non studded tire on ice. (except blizzaks, cant get them in 35) They are quiet to.

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

BOGGERS, you only live once.nothing work's on ice and the bogg's work great on everything else.i used to be able to push my truck with two fingers while it was in neutral(on cement), with boggers i can't budge it at all with everthing i have. tell me that isn't serious traction. just my .02 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif