Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what 6" springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Toledo, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

what 6\" springs?

I am going to order new springs and was wanting some opinions on what would work best. I know everybody says TC EZ rides but my truck has a BBC, Th400, 205, large steel front bumper, and heavy steel nerf bars. Will the EZs hold up to that kind of weight or should I go with something more stiff like the HDs. I wont be doing much extreme flexing but do want the ride to be as good as possible while having springs that wont wear out fast.

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Re: what 6\" springs?

Can't tell you what to get, but I can tell you what not to get. Avoid Genuine Suspension/Pro Comp 6" front springs.

-- Mike

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

You might want to check out some of Tough Country HDs. If money is not a prolbem call up Stephen @ ORD and talk to him about a set of custom springs from alcan. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Not that it helps to have a THIRD vendor mentioned in only THREE posts... but here goes anyways:

SKYJACKER! I had a 454 hangin over mine, and I love them! VERY flexy, and they ride nice on the road too.

-Dan