Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what a damn day... one of those shouldn't have gotten up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Sep 18, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what a damn day... one of those shouldn\'t have gotten up

Well lets see like 5 hours of sleep. Up much earlier than I liked. Had to take Tshy to the airport and send her off /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. On the way to the airport it was POURING. Anyway very close to the airport I get off this very gradual offramp that doesn't even have a lower speed limit. well doing 60 mph the ass of my pickup kicked out and I hit the guard rail with the driver front corner. Then spun around and hit the OTHER damn guard rail with the driver back corner /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. T was sitting in the middle and smacked her head on the sliding rear window busting one of the panes out of it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Front bumper was bent back and slicing the tire a bit, so I pulled up to the guard rail I just hit with the front bumper and wrapped the bumper and rail with a chain yanking it out. In the process of turning around so I could finally leave I got hung up on the guard rail behind me /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. Luckily a guy in a Ford van stopped and pulled me off. I have high risk insurance so I was trying to do all this without police. I was amazingly lucky as was T. She seemed to have sufferd a minor concussion which went away mid way through her flight /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I feel like crap and there is no way to say it other than it was all my stupid ass fault. So now I have to fix my damn truck before I can sell it like I wanted to.

Pix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Re: what a damn day... one of those shouldn\'t have gotten up

Damn that sucks dude, at least yall we all right, just get you a plunger and pop the dents out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    But just think it could have been alot worse, one of yall could have got hurt or killed, so at least yall are ok, but it still sucks about your truck.
    -Chris

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

see, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i'm glad you guy's are OK.the truck doesn't want to be sold. thats two pics of your truck,one behind your dads new truck. and one a little bent up. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. One time I went around in circles for about a quarter mile and touched everything on the side of the road as I did. 60 in the rain just doesn't work if you lose traction. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Holy crap Alan, that really sucks. Luckily you guys were alright. Good luck on fixing the truck up /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

That sucks, dude. I had some dizzy broad "road rage" me the other day on the way home from the station. I guess in her mind I was traveling too close behind her... not the case. Anyway, she starts slamming on her brakes, which was not much of a big deal since I was far enough back. Anyway, after a couple of times of that I think, "screw her... and this". So I pass her on the shoulder, which is an improved one with asphalt. When I pass her she's flippin me off, waving her hands around like a nut. She tried to speed up too, but her pathetic family mid-size car was no match for the ol' 5.7 vortec, in my 97. So, gettin' good and pissed at her, I start returning "fire" with the ol finger. I was paying too much attention to her as I got in ahead of her, and this car up ahead started to stop so I had to get on the brakes pretty quick. So, of course, being a freakin nutcase, who's all worked up, she nails my rear bumper. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I pull over..

97 Z71 w/ ranch hand rear bumper - 1

Family car - 0

She probably has about $3000 worth of smash up, and all I need to do is clean off the fiberglass dust from my bumper.... when i get around to it. The best part was her trying to make it seem like it was all my fault. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I didn't bother to argue with her. Besides, she had her little girl in the car, and I didn't want to look like the A-hole, cussing out some lady holding a small kiddo. So, I ask her what she wants to do, and I'm willing to go our seprate ways. She says, "no, your going to have to be accountable, and deal with this." I was like... Uh, OK... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif The she tells me, in the same breath.. that it's going to be her fault, etc... I told her she was damn skippy... and waited by my truck until PD showed up. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

like I said..... dizzy broad. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh I would have cussed her out. I hat epeople that act like that in front of their children. Just teaches their children its alright to be an a-hole.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats crazy

poor truck

ive had a zillion close calls mostly due to others trying to T bone or pull out in front of me, no accidents yet, i seem to avoid them all, as narrowly as i do anyways, even almost had a semi T bone me i had to of avoided that one by a couple millimeters, guess wasnt time for me to go yet heh

on way back from broadwell a bit ago a guy in a truck coming opposite of me (a chevy like yours hmm) swerved across the line about 1/8 mile or less in front of me, i dont know why, trust me i stayed way waway from his side of my line when we passed each other

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've had plenty of close ones thanks to other idiots, this was just my stupid move for a year. Been almost 2 since my last accident. Oh well. I should have it rebuilt and looking nicer than it did before the accident in no time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif