Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What A Day...with a happy ending of course...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Apr 4, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Its started off in the morning, I left for silver lake sand dunes at about 9:30 am. I get there with nice weather and sunshine, looks promising. At about 11:00 the clouds roll in along with some cold ass wind. Anyway, on the dunes we go for our first run, sorry to say it took me two trys to get up test hill(big ass sand hill). I also find out I need a bigger radiator after a few more hills. I was cooling my truck down and my buddies continued. At the last hill I turn and head towards the drag strip area. THen I see 4 DNR trucks with there lights flashing in the distance. I park across the way and see a white sheet with what appears to be feet on the ground with all the officers surrounding it. I'm like okay i'll stop and let some more air out of my tires. Watching over there I think somebody was hurt, nope he was dead, since the sheet was over his face. From what I heard from some other buddies later was that this idiot decided to cut infront of the drags and got run the over dead! Wow, thats a damper on the day. Well, then the fact that it started snowing!

I get back home, i'm exhausted, probably because I have a cold. I take and nap and wake up a few hours later. I'm on the computer and at about 11:00 pm these kids walk in, I know one of them. They needed help because their friends jeep is stuck out a the power lines (About 5 miles of hilly trails, bunch of muds holes, and the impassible swamp). Well, gas money was all I needed to get me to go out, especially to rescue a heep. Wow, this kid was stuck. The only place for me to pull him out was backing down this mud rutted trail. One strap killed, the other was the same kind. Luckly two trucks pull up, and I asked for a real tow strap. So happens hes got this "Canadian Strap", it was a big ass rope with chains on the ends. So after a couple yanks, I pull this dead jeep out. It was like I was a farm tractor with one of those hoes on the back, except it was a jeep on the back.

Then I had to tow this thing through 3/4 mile of the trail(ruts, hills, more hills). Including this huge hill climb. Everybody said it was the coolest thing they ever saw when I pulled him up this hill. They didn't think I could make it (nor I). I did, with a Jeep attached to my truck. The cool thing was, I didn't really notice I was pulling anything going down these trails. This is the happy ending, I pulled a dead jeep out of a mud pit, then towed it through 3/4 mile of unforgiving trail, and made it back home $20 richer /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hahaha nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Watching over there I think somebody was hurt, nope he was dead, since the sheet was over his face. From what I heard from some other buddies later was that this idiot decided to cut infront of the drags and got run the over dead!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this guy on foot or an ATV/bike? Hate to hear about that kinda thing.

I actually just pulled a complete stranger's bronco out of a hole tonight. There is a little mud hole right by the road along a creek by my mom's house. My wife and I went over for dinner and I drove my truck to get some of my old stuff out of her garage. On the way home I see a dodge and a bunch of people waving at me from the mud hole as I drive by so I turn around and go back. Sure enough, there is a bronco down in the hole. The guy said he had just put in a detroit in the back and they were trying it out when they broke the front. He thought it was an axle joint. He said the guy with the dodge had no 4WD(push button crap) and they were calling everybody they could to come pull them out when they saw me (and heard my swampers) drive by.
    So I hooked on to him and broke their strap that had at least 4 knots in it already from them tying it together. They wanted to tie it together again when I just got out my 5"x50' strap. I yanked him out and pulled him up the hill out of the hole.
    Afterwards he asked what he owed me and I said "nothing, just pull me out if you see me stuck". I believe in karma, good and bad. The whole episode probably took less time than it did for me to type this so I wasn't real worried about gas money. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You are to right about the karma. What goes around comes around. Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

5. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did you see any Michigan Jeepers out there? They should've been out in full force. You have to watch out for them. The same stupid [darn] that'd kill me and you they walk away from unscathed and unaware.

At least you had some fun. I'm hoping to hit the dunes for the first time since August 2000 this summer.

6. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Watching over there I think somebody was hurt, nope he was dead, since the sheet was over his face. From what I heard from some other buddies later was that this idiot decided to cut infront of the drags and got run the over dead!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this guy on foot or an ATV/bike? Hate to hear about that kinda thing.

I actually just pulled a complete stranger's bronco out of a hole tonight. There is a little mud hole right by the road along a creek by my mom's house. My wife and I went over for dinner and I drove my truck to get some of my old stuff out of her garage. On the way home I see a dodge and a bunch of people waving at me from the mud hole as I drive by so I turn around and go back. Sure enough, there is a bronco down in the hole. The guy said he had just put in a detroit in the back and they were trying it out when they broke the front. He thought it was an axle joint. He said the guy with the dodge had no 4WD(push button crap) and they were calling everybody they could to come pull them out when they saw me (and heard my swampers) drive by.
    So I hooked on to him and broke their strap that had at least 4 knots in it already from them tying it together. They wanted to tie it together again when I just got out my 5"x50' strap. I yanked him out and pulled him up the hill out of the hole.
    Afterwards he asked what he owed me and I said "nothing, just pull me out if you see me stuck". I believe in karma, good and bad. The whole episode probably took less time than it did for me to type this so I wasn't real worried about gas money. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The person who got hit was on a dirt bike (125 or 80, they said it was small). It was kinda near a hill, so ether the person came over that hill and wasnt looking or was just a hardass trying to race.

As far as the karma thing, I would have done it for 5 bucks for gas because it was far out in the woods. Then afterwards I would have done it for free, just the fact that I got to show up this Jeep and show what my truck can do /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you see any Michigan Jeepers out there? They should've been out in full force. You have to watch out for them. The same stupid [darn] that'd kill me and you they walk away from unscathed and unaware.

At least you had some fun. I'm hoping to hit the dunes for the first time since August 2000 this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent seen any michigan jeepers, i've seen a couple lifted jeeps on campus, but no MJ stickers or anything. At Silver Lake it was kinda wierd having my sticker "Jeep: Its Whats For Dinner" and then a Jeep roll by on bigger tires with probably a big block under it, but you know what, there isn't much jeep left on those kinds of "Jeeps".