Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What a difference new Glow Plugs make

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by kennyw, Dec 9, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I can now start my truck like it is fully warmed up by pressing the manual glow plug switch for only 3 seconds in 40 deg weather. :D Was to the point I had to use a little starting fluid on each start until my new ones showed up. Cost me about $75 with shipping for a set of 8 off of ebay and they wont swell when burned out (luckily my old ones were not swelled up either).

Ebay link

This guy was a very good seller to deal with as well. Very patient even though I forgot to send out my payment then screwed up the paypal after that :doah:

2. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

Any way you could tell us the manufacturer and part number

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

:doah: I just threw out all the boxes and packaging today and cant get them back.

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear that there is some real feedback on these plugs. I know my AC60G's are burning out, and ive been waiting to see if anybody actually ran these plugs and if they were as good as they say they are. Thanks for the heads up, looks like ill be buying myself another Christmas present!

5. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

Oh well. Maybe if you ever get bored and you could pull one out and get the number of it :)

6. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was under the impression when I bought these AC60s that they would never burn out. Yea right!! Now I have 3 working and its nice and below 30 deg outside, and no place to plug it in!!

WARNING!! If you know your going to use ether to start your rig DO NOT fire your glow plugs AT ALL!! And use VERY LITTLE starting fluid!! It takes a just a small wiff for my rig to fire up!!

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I got a few 60G's dead too...:mad: :mad:

Luckily it's been in the mid to high 40's lately so it's still starting OK...just a little rough for the first minute or so.

Rene

8. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Mine are getting real bad now. Today we were cutting new trails, so i left the K5 in the parking lot. It was below freezing all day long, i went to start it and she didnt want to. After 40 seconds worth of total glow she rumbled to life, sounding like it was running on 4 cyliders. I will NEVER recomend the AC60G's to anybody:mad::mad: Never burn out my ass:mad:

Guess its time to order:mad: