Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What a GREAT week!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by teamhickman, Feb 13, 2005.

1. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

What a GREAT week! ** Pic's added **

Well, I’ve had a great week! :cool1:

1. It started out by me finally selling off the old Bronco:woot: . The guy will be by later this week to pick it up. This is huge because it was the last thing preventing me from buying a Blazer. Now that it’s on it’s way out, I can get busy buying one.

So, again if anyone knows of anything for under 4K, please let me know. On a side note, most of what’s available in the Truck Trader is all ready gone. I called about 10 on Friday and all were sold!

2. We went up to Globe and watched WE Rock this weekend:thumb: . Other than Saturday, it was great! Lot’s of good action and it was a great opportunity to get a close up look at some of the rigs. It was amazing they ran on Saturday, we only stayed about an hour and couldn’t take the rain any more. Sunday it looked like a mud pit and was a bitch getting around but other than that it was a good time. I'll try to get some of the Pic's posted up this week.

3. Because it was so ****ty on Saturday, the wife and I went to the bed and breakfast early. Again, it worked out great because we got to have our “Romantic” :D time earlier than planned and it put her in a pleasant mood on Sunday!

It’s been awhile since I’ve had such a good week……almost forgot how good it feels.

Andrew

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

one of the guys down the street from my mom's rental house has a k5 (desiel) that he is going to sell. I can check and see if it's still so.... and find out what he wants. think it's around $4K.... 4" lift, 33" tires...

3. teamhickman

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well thank God for the 2 second slideshow thingy jiggy.

Nice pics by the way!

5. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

What kinda chevy are you looking for, stock, project, 3/4 p/u. Are you looking for something already modified [lift, lockers, rollbar, etc]? I'v seen some project blazers, 3/4ton pickup, and a clean sub around here.:ears:

6. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sweet photos! There's a blue 1975ish Blazer, lifted and straight body on my street, its never driven. Near AZ Ave/Warner, PM me if you want directions to it. :thumb:

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

You could have at least stopped by and said hello when you took some picsof my rig and course...:D

[​IMG]

I like this one of Matt Hodges...

[​IMG]

Edit: I also like the pics in the Motel 6 parking lot. Did you guys stay there? We stayed at the rooms on the left when you first pull in.

8. teamhickman

Thanks..I thought they turned out pretty well. the wife wasn't about to fight the mud and water to go check out the other courses, that's why they are all taken from the same place...:D

As far as what type of Chevy I’m looking for…….must be a K5, must pass AZ emissions (if required) and have as little rust as possible. I would look at a project but in the 3-4k range, I would hope to find something running, maybe a small lift, ¾ would be nice but it’s cheap enough to add later.

I do prefer a fully removable top.....so please send me the info on the 75.:waytogo:

I am going to look at another 75 on Saturday.

Thanks,

Andrew

9. teamhickman

Which one is yours? I can’t see the pic’s, just the red X. We stayed out at a bed and breakfast near the center of town.

10. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Purple and white single seat Campbell buggy on the first page of the first set of pics. It was parked next to C1 where I was judging. If you look closely in one of the pics, you can see the CK5 sticker on the side.

Ah, I just notcied that several of your pics were from the Motel 6 where we stayed.

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Andrew,

This truck is down the street from me and I dont know the owners, the body is straight, no apparent rust.....just walked down and looked it over quickly. Its not a fully removable top so must not be a 75?? From the looks of the hood it appears to have had a carb fire at some point as the paint is cooked in that area, otherwise it's a good looking rig. It was parked facing the wrong way for about 6 months before the city made them turn it around, I dont think it's ever driven which is why I thought you might want to ask about it..... if you were interested PM me for directions :thumb:

12. teamhickman

That's a very nice rig! I love their work.

13. teamhickman

Jeff,

I got a few lined up to look at this weekend. Let me see how that goes and I'll let you know on the one near you.

Again, thanks for "Keeping an eye out" and please let me know if you find any others.

Andrew