Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What a long weekend... Long (Pics added)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 28, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's now 1:19 am Monday morning May 5th, about a week after this happened. Here are pics of my Orange Blazer with 35's and my GMC with 39.5" Boggers stuck.

It's 2:42 am Monday morning, and I just got home from this weekend's trip.

It started Friday. I was going up to our property to start getting ready for the Mud races we are holding on the 10th. I met KennyW here in Spokane and he followed me up to Ione with a cab and clip I got from him. He had been driving since 4:00 Friday morning from Bend, Oregon... and by the time he left my place in Ione it was getting dark. His destination that night was back to Bend again.

I was done driving for the day... and stayed in my trailer that is leaking and becoming really disgusting inside.

Anyway... we did a bunch of cleanup and stuff... and I got my oil burning Orange Blazer stuck "mixing" up one of the mud pits. Once we got it out, my two helpers and me went to the swamp where I got stuck again. Then I got my GMC with 39.5" Boggers stuck trying to pull out the Blazer. The 12,000 pound winch nearly ripped the front bumper off trying to pull my GMC out (the front Dana 60 was literally under ground).

Sunday we winched the Blazer out foreward using my brothers winch on his truck and my 8000# winch on the Blazer, then my GMC backwards using the two winches again. My nearly new throwout bearing in the GMC for some reason also decided to start sqealing and nearly fly apart.

Spent the rest of the day cleaning, moving junk/parts rigs, and I changed the water pump on my cursed '78 Chevy truck that I was to drive home.

Nearly 9:00 pm Sunday night... running late. Some friends show up and need me to pull them out. Both a '90's Chevy shortbed and a Toyota pickup got stuck about 8 miles away. I get in the Blazer, and go to do some winching. About 11:00 pm both trucks are free, my winch is overheated and I'm about 2 quarts low on oil (and about out of gas in the Blazer).

I drive back and drive to the pond in the '68 Chevy 2wd to get water for the radiator in the truck I'm driving home. I get stuck in the field since it was slightly muddy and have to get the Blazer to pull the 2wd out. I park everything (again), add water to the radiator... load up my stuff... get in the '78 Chevy truck that has 1/4 tank of gas at 12:50 am, and leave in hopes I can make it about 40 miles south to the nearest station that will take a credit card... since all the others are closed. Barely make it there (was on E), but get gas and finally get home at about 2:30 am Monday morning.

I hope to get some copies of the stuck pictures from some friends when they develop. I'll post them when I get them.

2. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Re: What a long weekend... Long

Wow, what a lot of work! LOL. If it isn't one thing, it's another. Good thing you made it home anyway!

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Link to pics added at the top.

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Bet you will do it again though.......