Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What a mornin

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k20, Apr 13, 2006.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/8663408/detail.html

I tell ya, get to school, life flight flies up from behind me probly 20 ft over my truck, and then starts landing behind some trees. Get out of my truck and start walking towards campus, some of the school maintenance guys are out pickin up trash, and I ask one of em whats up.

He says there was a power outage to campus, and he guesses that someone got lit up when they reconnected the power. Ok, so walk down the sidewalk, turn the corner, and see 12-15 fire trucks, half dozen ambulances, dozen cop cars, and then I hear a siren and 2 fire chief cars come flying down the road. :eek1:

Over on the other side there is the huge fire investigation trailer and 2 more ambulances come in. Walk on a bit more and I hear a whooshing sound, and the chopper is sitting in a field.

Start talkin to people trying to figure out what happened, some hysterical girl says it was a omb :rolleyes:, most other people say a manhole cover blew up.

Ends up 4 maintenance workers got burned, either a man hole blew up, or started shootin out fire and burned em, took 1 by chopper, 2 by ambulance. And power was out to half of campus, and the 2 buildings I need today had fire alarms going off.

Screw that, so I went to Walmart and came home.

What a morning

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

So where was the explosion?

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Dont know if it was an explosion or just fire shooting out of the man hole. Anyway, it was on the walk between Friday & Fretwell, you know, that whole row that always beast out steam when it less than like 60 degrees.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Ahh yes, I forgot about the daily sewer steam bath on the way to class.....[/memories]

5. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

You are prolly behind the whole thing!

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll have to watch the noon news............did ya get on tv?

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

haha nah, when I was walkin back to the truck, the news vans were still settin up their masts. But yeh, I saw that chopper heading down and I didnt know where it was gonna land at since it went down behind a row of trees that separates the parking lots from campus. Walking along, dont see it, dont see it, walk past a building and hear a whooshing sound, and bam there it is 40ft away. Kinda cool, especially when it took off and bent all the little trees to the ground.