Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What a rotten day this turned out to be..........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyracing, Dec 1, 2002.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

My Mother passed away June 23, 2000. My Dad is moving from the house they bought before she passed away..... He asked me to come get some things I may want...... I have had over two years to recover and I thought I could handle it. I drive 630 miles to the house, first time since Mom passed. I have met my Dad at several Motorcycle Ralleys and a couple of hunting trips so we have discussed this day and I thought I was ready... Never knew how weak I really was until I walked into that house and saw paintings my Mother painted and hung on the wall and was so proud of.....all I ever said was "looks good Mom" and tried to change the subject because paintings don't interest ME. I saw the ceramics she made and tried to show me but I said "right on Mom, good job" and tried to change the subject.....because ceramics don't interest ME.
    Every time I changed the subject she listened with great interest to what I had to say. What a greedy, self centered prick did I realize I was today.......Shame on me.......

2. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Hind sight is always 20-20. I'm sure that she knew you cared and that you were proud of th things that she had done, and if nothing else she is looking down today and knows. Lift your head and be proud of the mom you had, not trying to figure out the things you should have done. I've realized that with the grandparents that I have lost. Don't think about the things that you feel weren't right, just remember all the positive fun and loving times. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

BULLSH!T, your loving Mother had YOU because SHE wanted to, is that selfish, yes... We all do things in our lives because WE as people are selfish, it's human nature... Don't beat yourself up at all, just take PRIDE ( also selfish) in knowing that you have had the opportunity to know her. Now spend some more time with your Father... It also helps to visit your Mother and have a good cry... Just don't blame yourself, no one ever explained to us about how short life is....Hang in there Bud... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif