Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What a rush!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by y5mgisi, Oct 7, 2006.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Man i hate rushes. Im at work right now(im a auto parts guy) And man we just got done with one hell of a rush! I mean were talking all six lines on hold and 20 customers in the lobby staring at you like theyre thinking "god what is taking these people soo long" when they dont know the ****in half of it! And then the ****ing mother ****ers that come in just to return some stupid part(returns take along time becasue of the paper/computer work involved) And that just backs things up even more! Oh man i think im gonna go smoke now!

2. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

When I worked at NAPA, I hated taking phone calls when there were people in line waiting to spend their money. My boss would always say that they were the priority to get them into the store. My thing was that if they got in the store and waited around as the help was on the phones, then they might not come back.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i gotta go into your shop sometime. i live closer to it now than i did before, as i'm on 65 and powell. i've been into the thrifty that's on 50th and powell and i think the dudes there really suck, which is unfortunate. what are the cross streets of your location? it's always nice to have access to a 24hr parts store. :D

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

dude ya ask anyone at this store, the dudes at the 49th and powell store pretty much have their heads in a dark place. Im actully on 122nd 1 block south of stark. I work 8-4 friday-tuesday. And of course it never fails that as soon as someone i know shows up i look like a completely incompetent fool. If you wanna call this store for parts its 253-1113 (our area code)

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh I dunno Mitch , ya seem like a fairly inteligent young man for such a foul mouthed SOB...:haha: :haha: :haha: ;)

6. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

hey comon man give me a break huh ? I felt bad that one time when i just cursed right in front of your kid then HE said it was ok so i didnt ffel so bad...

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah his Mother has the mouth of a truck driver,it's nothing he hasn't heard before...:haha: :haha: :haha:

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I feel your pain!..

I've had my share of those "rushes" you speak of !!..I always hated working the parts counter when the phone suddenly starts ringing off the hook,and at the same time a busload of angry people with broken cars come flying through the front doors!..and HOW to they know when your co-workers are at LUNCH,or making a delivery--leaving YOU to handle 90% of them alone!.:doah: ..must be telpathy,I swear!..and yes,why does the "saturday" do it yourselfer crowd ,wait until 20 minutes before closing time,to flood the store,and order a whole frame off restoration's worth of parts!!--then RETURN most of them when the next "rush" occours!..

One thing that sucked, was as soon as the "rush" was over,and your heart is still pounding from running 300 feet to the rear of the store 25 times,to see if the parts everyone called for were in stock,and your trying to write up 20 sales slips at once so the delivery driver can deliver them,a sudden LULL drops over the store--

---then the owners tell you to "go unload that stock order that came in on that 18 wheeler",or tell you "why did you take so long waiting on that customer",if it were one looking for parts on a cobbed up 4x4,and he had NO clue what year or model parts were used!.. ..you couldn't catch your breath,take a leak,or have a smoke,without them following you,and making sure you don't get ONE MINUTE to recover...:mad:

Then comes the second rush--the one where many of the customers from the last "rush" call to bitch they got the wrong parts,ones someone else ordered,or to complain "Where the F*** are my parts--did you FORGET me??"...no,as much as I'd like too--the driver is busy "catching up"!!..

I've had my share of disagreements with the managers and owners of the stores I worked at,about whether to make customers THERE at the store WAIT,while we answer the phones!..my theory was these people are HERE,waiting with cash in hand, to SPEND--the ones on the phone are most likely strokers,who are just "price shopping",and probably won't even BUY it from us,after they call a place like "Auto Zone"..

I say wait on those THERE at the counter,don't piss them off, by making them wait!..of course,the managment felt we could do it ALL...all at the same time!..for 8 bucks an hour!~...:doah: I put up with that for 20 years,at 4 different stores..then I quit,before I completely went beserk..;)

Yeah,I really MISS working at a parts store..:surepal: ..if I ever do again,I'll be the delivery guy,for 2 bucks an hour less pay--and 20 less ulcers an hour too!..:screwy: