Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what a small fawked up world we live in

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Larry_in_Tx, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I don’t think it’s made national news but the 27 year old here in Houston that just got sentenced to 25 years for stabbing her husband 193 timesstory link...is my old “high school sweetheart’s” little sister. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    I’ve got a bit of history dealing with that family but I had no idea any of ‘em where capable of that, especially the little sister.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

193 !? You know she had to take a break in there somewhere...

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, it made ABC National news a few days ago. It's been all over the local news here(Austin). She is claiming self-defense...it's kinda hard to defend yourself against someone who is tied down. Crazy beotch! /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

We have a guy here in town who got off scott free after shooting an unarmed man 9 times in the back... He also claimed self defense.... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What were the circumstances behind that? I hope soemthing like he hot hit in the back of the head with a bat, guy dropped the bat and ran off with his kid in a bag or something....

6. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    193 !? You know she had to take a break in there somewhere...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed... I know when I practice my stabbing, I can only do about 50 in a row into air without a break. If I'm really practicing for a true incident, I use a sack of grain, and then I have to stop every 30-40 stabs. That chick either had one hell of an arm, or she took a half an hour or so to get her licks in!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We have a guy here in town who got off scott free after shooting an unarmed man 9 times in the back... He also claimed self defense.... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<Eastwood voice>He should have armed himself
    <Eastwood voice>

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We have a guy here in town who got off scott free after shooting an unarmed man 9 times in the back... He also claimed self defense....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Our cops do that here ..... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Is this the one you are talking about?
    [ QUOTE ]
    LOUISVILLE -- As Metro police continue to investigate a deadly officer-involved shooting, they're not getting any help from the officer who pulled the trigger.

Officer McKenzie Mattingly shot and killed Michael Newby, 19, after an undercover drug buy turned violent on Market Street Saturday night.

And while other officers at the scene have given their statements, Mattingly has chosed not to talk, WLKY NewsChannel 32's Abby Miller reported Monday. Mattingly has invoked his Fifth Amendment right not to talk to the Public Integrity Unit investigating the shooting. Mattingly's attorney said he instructed his client not to talk about what led up to the shooting.

According to investigators, Newby tried to buy drugs from the undercover officer, Miller reported. Newby then allegedly reached for Mattingly's gun, then fled. That's when Mattingly fired five times, hitting the suspect three times in the back, according to investigators.

"(Mattingly) was attempting to buy drugs from a drug suspect," Louisville police Chief Robert White said. "It was a drug deal that went bad. And as a result of that, there was a struggle for his service weapon, a shot was fired and the subject fled."

A newly released coroner's report backs up the information released by police so far, showing that the teen died from those three gunshot wounds, Miller reported.

[/ QUOTE ]

10. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it a white guy shooting a black guy? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Bubba - yeah, that's an old article. The officer was indicted yesterday for murder. The druggie had a .45 in his belt and drugs on him as he was running away. He tried to grab the officer’s weapon and there was some sort of struggle before the perp bolted. The officer has since been interviewed by Internal Affairs and he also testified before the grand jury. This one doesn't look good since the undercover operatives were supposed to have "functional" recording devices on them, but were "conveniently" switched off.