Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What a trip...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Sep 2, 2003.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

After a 4 day delay thanks to my bank /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I now have a new bank and left for my trip last Tuesday afternoon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Left Oregon with a hood, 4 truck cabs, 2 pairs of doors, a 66 GMC pickup bed, inner fenders/cores support assembly, set of 5 36" tires, tailgate, 66 GMC grill, york compressor & air tank... filling a 20 ft trailer and back of my '89 F350 crewcab.

I returned with a TH400/NP205 combo, set of 5 15x10 rims, SM465/NP208 and other misc. parts... I decided to leave the trailer in IL at my dads farm to save fuel on the return trip plus I could not find the right hitch so it would tow level (the trip out it was nose down and the front tires).

I got 10.5 to 11 MPG on the way out and 15.5 to 16 MPG on the return trip. I lost overdrive in my freshly rebuilt tranny coming back thru Wyoming with about 600 miles to go. Made it 570 of those miles in drive before it went out completely.

Thanks to Colin, k5blazerus we made it home then went back out with my K10 and towed it home slowly... Could not get over 15 MPH or it would get squirrely.

Now I need to arrange a trip to drop off all the parts I brought back with me and plan out a 4 spd/ranger over drive swap on the F350...

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn, sounds like a hell of a trip. At least the tranny decided to give up close to home.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif glad you made it home ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif so did you find me a 9in rear /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

No problem kenny. Glad I could help out. Did any of your stuff get messed with. I could have towed that /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif(ford) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Back to your place.

5. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Mudhog. What do you need a (ford) 9er for?

6. mudhog

my dads 36 ford pickup /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

I got a 9" that only needs brakes and drums. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI need it gone by the 10th.

Kenny let me know when you are gonna be down this way to drop off my 15x10 8 luggers.Thanks a bunch for picking them up for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifYer da man. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. mudhog

what would you want for it? my dad don't have much money /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif what gear ratio?

9. BadBowtie1

Not sure of gear ratio.How does $75 sound.

10. mudhog

kenny is working on one for under $50 and might be able to get one for $35 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif what he is looking for is one 54in wide or under (and still has to have it shortened /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ) with 3:73's and hopefully a posi

11. BadBowtie1

If I remember right this one is 54" wide.Not sure of the gears and dont think it has a posie.

12. mudhog

posi we can add latter gears it don't matter either as we can get a 3:73 third member with posi off ebay for cheap /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif its just the 9in needs to be cheap as well lol if kenny cant find me one then ill keep yours in mind /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. BadBowtie1

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. mudhog

will do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif he wants to get it into his 36 before next april when the late night drags open again next year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif they end in november this year