Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What a waste !!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Jan 18, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I was reading some old newspapers before chucking them in the wood stove last night--last month in Hyannis MA,a guy had a heart attack while refueling a barge at a marina,and unfortunately it was fatal--and over 2000 gallons of diesel fuel spilled into the harbor before someone noticed!:blush:

A few weeks later,a home heating oil truck flipped in my hometown,fully loaded,but only some fuel from the trucks fuel tank was spilled(55 gallons)...:blush:

Then during a snowstorm,another home heating oil truck rolled over in Abington MA not too far from here,and over 2500 gallons went into the storm sewers and roadside ditches....:blush:

Man.....all that fuel could have run my 82 K20 across the country several times--more than I could burn in a couple of years!!---and it was poured on the ground,or into the ocean!!:frown1:

What a waste!!:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

(maybe I should follow home heating oil trucks around,and keep a transfer pump handy??:crazy: )...

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah Fallow them trucks :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. coptezr

coptezr 1/2 ton status

lol i would too.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, thats what they SAY happened to the fuel... Im thinkin some guy with a cummins and a big tank on a trailer scored 5 years worth of fuel...

j

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

it was like a terror alert!

I saw the truck that flipped in my hometown--you might have thought it was a terrorist attack,with all the fire,police,and big rig tow trucks!--they even evacuated a few homes nearby--a 10,000 gallon tractor trailer tank truck was used to offload the heating oil from the truck,and only about 55 gallons was spilled from the trucks fuel tank,but the way the environmental clean up crews were swarming all over the place,you'd think it was radioactive or something!!--but I guess you cant be too careful...

Seems like I've been reading about a lot of oil spills lately--they had a big one in buzzards bay on cape cod last year,and in my sisters town they have had a few home heating oil trucks flip too--I think the drivers are in too much of a hurry,and have too many stops scheduled in one day--the guy who brings our oil says he drives over 150 miles a day in cold weather,and fills at least 30 tanks a day in peak use season:eek1: .....just one of those tanks would last me a year,even if I left my truck running the whole time....:frown1:

6. grindkings

grindkings 1/2 ton status

About a week or two back we had a bad ice on the road. A propane tanker was going to the plant went it slid into the LARGE tanks and CA BOOOOOOM. The whole plant went up.!