Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHAT A WEEKEND!! Six degrees of seperation....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zakk, Aug 31, 2002.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

...was keeping my my bad running truck from being a good runing truck. Timing was six degrees off from where it should have been. so now we are rollin' /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Got the timing tab put on, emergency starter repair, and changed all the fluids and the thing is finally running well.

Also pulled a 5-oh motor out of my buddy's POS and replaced the rear main, oil pump and slammed it back in in less than 5 hours. & we fixed my friends 1/8 ton IFS blazers front wobble.

not bad for a bunch of drunks!

sorry for the semi-rant, but i just had to tell a few hundred of my fellow gear heads! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ...was keeping my my bad running truck from being a good runing truck. Timing was six degrees off from where it should have been. so now we are rollin'

Got the timing tab put on, emergency starter repair, and changed all the fluids and the thing is finally running well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does that mean you are getting ready to bring bear out to play soon , We nor cal guys miss bear on the trail ....LOL...mike

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Right on Zakk! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Sounds like we are going to have you back in the fold for some kind of event this fall....?

That engine swap has certainly been a long and irritating process for you........ /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i certainly hope so. This summer has been insane. between work/ SJSU Summer Session and everything else, it is a wonder i survived /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

We have the rig mechanically running well. The next step will be to finish the guage and electrical work from the last fire in the cab. This will be done later this month.

The crossover steering is after that. I have all the pieces, but i need the weekend to do it in.

After that, it is the rear shackle flip, i am still struggling with rear shock design, but i heard you have them mounted straight up instead of the 45* angle. I might need some spy pics /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

i think that is it...hope everyone is well /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Don't forget you still have a steering crossbrace in my shop that you should probably install too....those tires will create plenty of stress on the frame area!

Also, crossover steering is the greatest. I think I am going to add the hydro assist since it's supposed to be the ULTIMATE steering stabilizer, plus my steeing is slightly heavier now with the big tires and variable ratio 2WD box?

Anyway, you are more than welcome to come plagarize my rear shock setup if you want. Do you have a bodylift on Black Bear? That will make it easier.

Later Bro!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif