Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what a wonderful day I've had....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Jan 22, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I went to get some supplies for my plow truck ,since we are getting a blizzard of 20-30 inches with 35-50 mph winds--I think every person with a car or truck and a licence was out driving or in the stores--I've never seen traffic so bad,and also have never seen so many stores with no parking spaces..:mad: :mad:

So I decide to stop at a drugstore and get some instant soup,since going to any of the supermarkets was an impossibility,and I didnt want to starve while plowing all night--but the drugstore's lot was jammed too--I saw a guy backing out of a spot,so I head toward it--suddenly a girl in an SUV with her phone in her ear zips around the corner right as I was turning into the parking space,and I had to swerve the other way to miss her--this screwed my approch to the parking space,and my plow smashed into the buick next to me!:blush: :blush: --I was so pissed!!--I haven had an accident in 20 years--now my day is surely going to suck,filling out accident forms and explaining to the police I thought....:mad: :mad:

So I go into the store and ask the manager to anounce on the PA system for the person who owns the buick to come up front---nobody responds--after a few minites,I went back out to get the plate number off the car,and the owner was there--I was expecting someone like MR .T or something-:blush: -but it was a pretty,middle aged woman --I apologized profusely,and told her what happenned--I looked at her car,and I was shocked--when I hit it,it sounded like I totalled it,I even wondered if I pushed it into the car next to it!--But my plow had somehow managed to only hit and puncture her rear tire!!--the car didnt have a scratch!! I was flabbergasted!!

The lady was real nice--she would not accept any cash,or my insurance info!!--it was all I could do to beg her to at least let me put her spare on for her!!--I had to unload the trunk full of groceries,and put them in the back seat--as I prayed the spare wasnt flat,and she had a jack and lug wrench!--
    I dug the spare out,found the jack in a box on the inner rear 1/4 panel,and changed the tire-

-I was amazed the lugs came off easy,no rust!!--and that the aluminum rim she said was on for the 9 years she owned the car slid right off without beating it with a sledge hammer! I must have asked her 20 times if she was sure I couldn't at least pay for her tire--she said" No,dont worry about it,they are getting pretty low on tread anyway,I was planning on getting new tires soon anyway--and my husband has a plow truck,and I've driven it with the plow on,I know its hard to park and drive with the blade on!!"

I felt blessed to have hit the only person on earth that wasnt ready to file a lawsuit!!:grin: --she told me to have a good day,and too bad I didnt hit it harder!(I guess she's not too fond of her car)--and I left with a big smile and a warm spot in my heart,knowing its very rare to find someone like that--she only gave her first name,it was Mona--but angel sounds more like it to me....

This was the second bullet I've dodged this week--I had to drive 30 miles in a snoestorm thursday to do jury duty in a ghetto town --the trial was for a home invasion with guns and knives,was going to last for days--but luckily the judge let me go,because I had the stomach flu and had been barfing and had diarrea,and I'm the primary care person for my elderly mother with emphasema--THAT was a close one too--jury duty,root canals,motor vehicle accidents,blizzards--:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :screwy: --good thing I stopped at the liquor store on the way home--its gonna be a LONG weekend-or sunday at least--I'm just hoping our 20-30 inches is fluffy powder and not wet cement like it usually is--its pretty hard on my truck to plow uphill right out of the shop,when the snow is level with the hood--and if you get stuck,you aint moving it till spring,or someone with a bucket loader rescues you...this sucks,35-50 mph winds,and I have to plow all night to avoid getting "drifted in"....:mad: :mad: :mad:

And how was YOUR day????

(sorry,another long boring post--but I'm snowed in!!:blush: )

2. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If it's the snow like we got it's was all lite and fluffy :D Got about a foot.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just a one blessing from our Lord I'd say. Maybe help someone if ya get a chance, just because ya can.

4. FMJ

FMJ Registered Member

Your lucky, my dad jsut got sued for hitting someone with our plow truck. Funny thing is we don't have a plow truck...we use bobcats.

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

It feels good to catch a break after weeks of hardship. You rarely run into people like that.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

damnit, that ruined the whole story right there!

Mona... :haha:

i spent my day pushing snow too, and if you're getting any part of what we got, its light and fluffy.