Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What about a Bi-Annual Meet-n-Greet for ALL CK5ers?

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by NoAngel, Dec 16, 2002.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

A big bash somewhere for all of us to hook up. Just a thought me and a few east coasters had this weekend at our meet-n-greet. We figured alot of people would definitely be interested, we all said we'd go, given enough notice to put the $$ aside. Perhaps a poll for this to see how everyone feels?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

only if you leave Chris at home.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

You've got a one track mind! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I would suggest a different one for each general area. Wouldn't be very practical for Californians to come to PA and likewise. Maybe even one for each state??? Sounds like a great idea to me, help strengthen the "ties that bind."

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah, all 3 of us in Idaho could get together! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I would suggest a different one for each general area. Wouldn't be very practical for Californians to come to PA and likewise. Maybe even one for each state??? Sounds like a great idea to me, help strengthen the "ties that bind."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all 3 of us in Idaho could get together

[/ QUOTE ]

Like he said, some areas only have a few people. That's why I was suggesting a Bi-annual-All Ck5ers Bash. I think alot of people wouldn't mind an excuse to take a vacation, see some new sites and meet some CK5ers. I know it would be impossible for alot of people to have their k5s etc... with them, it would be more of a chance to meet one another and have a good time. Alot of us on here feel like we're part of a big family (a slightly dysfunctional one, but most families are./forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) It would be nice to actually meet face to face.

7. Sandman

The post was meant to be humorous, not an attack on the idea that has been suggested. As for the idea itself, I think that it is an excellent suggestion.

8. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

The post was meant to be humorous, not an attack on the idea that has been suggested

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that ya silly goose! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. Sandman

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It seems like alot of the "wheelers" are from the Western half of the States (i.e. Colorado and California). This is COLORADO K5, so it makes sense. It also seems like they are the ones to do the biggest runs as they have areas they can do it and is local. I know Wayne and Donna put one on (maybe Paragon ???) or helped in doing it. I was thinking that could be a good place for ALL "Easterners to get together" (maybe even raise money for Steve and the UAV to come out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and if you wanted to go to the "GAME", then pack your bags and/or your vehicles and head to Blazer Bash (the CK5 official get together).