Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What about a jokes forum?

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Sammy, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

There are so many great jokes in the "All non 4x4 issues" forum, that I believe they should be in "Jokes" forum. What you think?

"1988 K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Itd be more bandwith but its a good idea ... maybe [​IMG]

Paul a.k.a. Paulie a.k.a. Juan Valdez, take your pick ! [​IMG]

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

This could prove useful however there is already an abundance of internet joke sites, lists, and even email groups. Should ck5 devote extra time/money/bandwidth to something that is available in hundreds of other places? Although it would help to clean up the offtopic area a littlle bit :)

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Ya know, I thought we made a comprimise on this. People are putting "*JOKE*" by it so you can tell without a doubt that it's a joke.

Why does the offtopic area need to be cleaned up? Everything there is off topic.

It's been lovely, but I have to scream now.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Sorry I wasn't clear, I should've said "thin-out" rather than "cleanup". I should've realized that clean-up could be taken the wrong way :) Having a seperate "Joke-Forum" would create less posts to look through in the off-topic forum, not much unlike having an audio forum creates less car audio posts in the main blazer forum. While the car-audio is certainly related to our trucks, by giving it its own forum it "cleans-up" or "thins-out" the main forum. This provides a few benefits: 1) Those with slooooooow modems have less new posts to load at one time and can thus save time 2) Some of us, myself included, surf this site with time constraints. By splitting the posts between two forums I would be able to finish reading all the posts in one forum, and then come back and read all the posts in the other when I had the chance. This is beneficial in that posts in a forum, whether I've read them or not, no longer show up as new after I have seen their "title" on the list of posts. In this way it may save some of us time in regards to less "head-scratching" over whether or not we've actually read a post. 3) It would allow a "joke" archive of sorts so that people searching for a certain joke using the "search" function have less posts to go through as there would be fewer posts that were not jokes, this works the other way to in that people searching the "off-topic" forum for a movie name or something like that have fewer posts to look through. I hope that made sense :)
    There are certainly reasons for and against doing this, I was only trying to point out a reason for, I'm sorry my miswording caused concern. In the future I will try to choose my words more wisely.

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I'm with you Aaron - I gave up on the Off Topic forum a while ago............too much stuff to weed through with not enough time. And I don't think another forum adds to the bandwidth issue...........does it?

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i dont care one way or the other but no it would not add anything to the bandwidth issue because the jokes are getting posted anyway so them having there owen forum would not add any bandwidth. and i do get a kick out of reading the jokes makes my day a little better lol[​IMG]

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333