Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What about fuel???

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Capman2k, May 26, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm checking out 4wd trails in the Medicine Bow forest here in Wyoming, and it looks like there are plenty... One I think I want to try with club 4x4ord goes to a lake, the trail is approximately 15 miles to the lake from the main road. The nearest town is many miles away (can't even find one a reasonable distance away on the map)... I'm just wondering what y'all do about fuel on the trail when you really get out there away from everything? I'm sure a 4 gallons in jerry cans isn't sufficient... or is it?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I contract with the USAF for a KC-135 Refueler while I'm out in the boonies /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Seriously though, how far is far? First off, you may want to find out your mileage in worse case scenarios, i.e. such as wheeling. How far is the closest gas station away?

Always hit the trails with a full tank if your are gonna be miles away from a station, and carry a 5 gallon jerry can, maybe 2.

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I contract with the USAF for a KC-135 Refueler while I'm out in the boonies

[/ QUOTE ]
    You got a desiel? That's about the only thing that'll run on JP-8 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif