Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What about Summit Racing brand stuff?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Nov 5, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

In my engine build-up, I am probably going to be buying most of my stuff from Summit. I have been looking at some roller rockers and HEI distributors. the Summit Racing Equipment brand stuff sounds good and is well priced. My guess is that it is someone else's product sold under their label.

Anyone had any experience with Summit Racing Equipment brand stuff? In aprticulr, their HEI distributors or roller rockers?

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes you are right, most of the stuff Summit has their name on are made by someone else. Like Summit sparkplug wires are made by Taylor.
    Sorry dunno about your spacific products...

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

3. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

if you have time, find the real manufacturer.
    I have had parts shipped by summit, they were fast to deliver.
    also have had a bad experiance with Autopartsnetwork, I bought a 4core 17.5 x 28 radiator and it was a 19x28 which is to big for my truck.
    and a claim for bent body parts that has not happened in three months..

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

The Summit in Ohio is only 45 minutes west of me. They're okay most of the time, just seems like they have a hard time paying to keep good people. The sunday paper has ads for employees there every week. Not sure how good the Vegas shop is. Try their tech. advice lines and play it by ear. Should be able to get the skinny on who makes their stuff.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

5. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

bought there hei distributor and love it. It's in my corvette crate motor for my camaro

6. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

I would imagine that their HEI distributor would be a good purchase, but I would probably go brand-name on the roller rockers. Just my .02, though.

Robb
    '73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>community.webshots.com/user/robbrj</a>

7. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

Have you tried Jegs, they are a mail order catalog the sales pretty much all brands, if its not in the catalog just call in they can usually get. They have a-lot of hi-performance stuff. We bought quite a bit from them when building our dragster.
    www.jegs.com

8. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I've been using the summit HEI dist. for more than a year and a half now. No problems at all, good price. My Blazer starts as if I had an MSD box or something like that.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

9. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Plain Jane stuff that works as advertised. I have been using their products for years. One of the better speed shops I have delt with. When you have a problem they always have helped me out.