Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What all mods are required to use a Dodge D60 in a K5 ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've seen sevreal posts about getting Dana 60 front axle from a Dodge. What would I need to do to make it work in my K5 ??? What is the normal price for a Dodge Dana 60 ???

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you need to slightly spread the springs when installing you need a chevy steering arm and a chevy yoke and you need to change the shock bolt

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

oh and if you want to keep your swaybar you need to make some new spring plates if not you will need the dodge ones

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

actually shannon, My friend bought a Chev D60, and he used the Dodge Steering arm, so he didnt have to buy the raised steering arm block, and it worked great ;P the dodge arm is Raised up higher then the chev.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    you need to slightly spread the springs when installing you need a chevy steering arm and a chevy yoke and you need to change the shock bolt

[/ QUOTE ]What do you mean by "you need to slightly spread the springs" ??

6. Silver84k5

he means, the spring perches on the dodge are 1/2 inch wider then the chev, so the springs need to be pushed out 1/4 inch on each side, He and i both used a hilift jack to push our springs out and bolt up the axle, Atron is now making some bushings that will offset the springs, a 1/4 inch each,

I know that they just made a set of these for somone on here, I want to shaggy but im not sure,
    I dont know if these bushings are up forsale yet or not, but i would go this route if i had it to do over again.... i still might get some.

7. Silver84k5

[ QUOTE ]
    What is the normal price for a Dodge Dana 60 ???

[/ QUOTE ]

shannon got his for 500 bucks from a late friend (RIP)

i got mine for 900, and it need a assload of work, so i basically got ripped,

i would think that you could find a Rusted out, or wrecked dodge and get it for cheap, Prices just depend on if the owner of the axle/truck, knows what he has or not, [censored] if you got real lucky, Someone could say, "Ill give you 50 bucks to get this POS off my property"

thats how i got my 14bolt, (but for free, he didnt give me 50 bucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif)