Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what all T/C will mate up to a 700r4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aj_tatted, Feb 2, 2004.

1. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

i want to switch to a fixed yoke,...and i'm not sure if i can get away with just getting a new t/c or if i need to get another tranny as well/ /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

There is a cheesier sye kit available for our transfer case, but I heard it was weaker. Works by sliding on like slip yoke and you drill and tap output shaft of transfercase and put bolt in to hold it. Some guys swap np241 and use the better sye kit. But most on here would swap in a 205 or atlas if they had access to it or the money. Basically though, if you can find the adapter, and output shaft you could run any case you wanted with your trans. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

where woudl one find such a kit?

4. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

If I am not mistaken that some dodge 208's came with a sye and you can check into that and maybe use those parts to change yours over I know someone else here has done that.....Jason

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

yeah but you have to swap the output shaft and the back half of the case from the dodge to pull it off...also have to weld one ring on so if youre not very experienced in those ways id leave it to someone else.

i think arizona driveline solutions or driveshaft superstore sells that tap the output shaft kit.

Later

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

These people make the kit I heard wasn't that great http://www.arizonadrivelines.com/ some people probably have good things to say about it. If you don't beat on your truck too bad , anything will hold up awhile. I do think its pretty pricey as you have to buy it with a driveshaft. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif