Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What am I forgetting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Ok trying to make sure I get all my parts ordered and at the same time don't get things I don't need but have everything needed plan is to install next weekend.

I have a 1980 K5 blazer. I have purchased a 6" RC lift, 36" humvee tires, 3/4 ton 10bolt front, 3/4 ton 14bolt rear.

1. I know about the driveshafts just gonna have to wait and see.

2. I know I need the U-joint converter piece for the rear. I have the NAPA parts numbers from here but what exactly is it called so I can go to auto zone and get it.

3. I want to put a Zero rate in the rear due to some major but sag my question to anyone with the 6" rough country kit is will the U-bolt be long enough to fit it or do I have to try and find a u-bolt for an 8 inch kit.

4. Where can I get extended brake lines.......I can't afford stainless or braide but I need to do the kit right so where can I get these.

5. I also plan on changing my fluids, tranny cooler but what else is need for the installation of all my parts.

Lastly WHAT ELSE AM I FORGETTING!!!!!

2. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Ummm.... Shocks, raised steering arm, time. U-bolts should be fione as long as you have them for the 14b rear (axle tube diameter). Also, if you look in the tech section under here you can find stock style extended brake lines on the cheap.

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Got spring plates?

4. Quackaddict

I got the U-bolts for the 14Bolt when I ordered the kit he asked which axles but I don't know if they will be long enough for adding a zero rate because now instead of 6 inches in the rear I would be raising it 7 inches.

also thanks for the input guys. Shocks and raised steering arm come with the kit.

I am ordering my spring plates for the rear tomorrow from ORD. I have the ones for the front when I got the new axles.

5. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

You probably won't be able to get the conversion u-joint from Autozone. You will probably have to go to NAPA or somewhere that carries Spicer u-joints (I don't think any of the part store chains carry Spicers).

6. Quackaddict

No I had no Fricken clue that I had to have the hummer beadlocks recentered. Welp I just wasted a bunch of money on a lift and a 22 hour drive to pick up axles. I saw several posts saying people were running them never heard anyone say they were recentered.

Now I do know all the guys who said they didn't fit up front were running Dana 60's I am only going to be running a 10 bolt.

Maybe they will fit long enough to be good jack stands until I can afford some regular stuff.

I was real glad I got such a good deal on them that is how I was able to afford the lift.

Guess I should ask before I do anything else to my truck huh:confused:

7. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

The Hummer beadlocks will work on your 10 bolt just as well as they would work on a 60. They just have rediculous backspacing, which is why people have them recentered. I guess if you can get the tires to clear without recentering them you can run them. You could also sell those wheels and get some cheap steelies real easy.

8. Quackaddict

yeah I am gonna measure in the morning and see. I know they have issues with the 1 ton axles with calipers and tie rods but I can't find anything on 3/4 ton 10 bolt and how they fit.

I would rather have 8 lug steelies but at $125 I couldn't pass these up because I didn't know there were issues.

Thanks for the help with the part as well guess I gotta go to NAPA>

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't see a steering brace on your list. You are going to need one. You may also want sway bar disco's if you are keeping the sway bar.

10. neverendingproject

Do you have a block or springsin the rear?

11. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Its best to already know which Conversion joint you need before you quiz the dude behind the counter, and yeah NAPA is the place. Surf NAPA online. Tom Wood's site has a good table for identifying U-joints.

12. Quackaddict

I got the good ol block and AAL for now. Once the cash flows better I will convert the rear.

I was searching some stuff the other day on here and came across the conversion kit # just need to do that again I don't need the part #4?? I need the #3?? I forget which but it is on here.

13. neverendingproject

napa 447 or 477, im not sure which one. Thats s44 to 1350.