Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What an Idiot

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snowman1000, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Snowman1000

Snowman1000 1/2 ton status

So today it was snowin outside and I was driving over to some land we own just down the road and there is a 90 somthing Chevy 1500 z71 in the ditch that one of the girls I go to school with put in there. I offered to pull her out but she said that we will wait for her dad and see what he has to say. He shows up and says that there is no way that my K-5 could pull her out, he says nothing less than a dozer. Granted it was a steep ditch half the truck is still on paved road and with a strong tug probally could have been pulled out instead he is paying a local excavating company to pull it out what an idiot.

2. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Hey you tried. If they want to pay the money let them. You never know you could have broken something on your rig trying to help someone else out. I know I have and it sucked.

3. Snowman1000

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Or he didn't want to take the chance of you tearing it up more...if he had road insurance, I'd let the wrecker do it to.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Most people don't have any idea what an average truck with a good driver is capable of. Don't worry about it, it's their loss, not yours.

I was driving by a small town where I used to stash my trail truck during a snow storm and there was a super duty buried in a ditch not more than 500 yards from the shed that my junk was in. The guy didn't think there was any way my old ass truck could pull out his spankin' new diesel. I parked on a field approach, hooked up, and ran down the other side. Pulled him out, unhooked, and powered my way outta the ditch. He was dumbfounded. :D

6. Snowman1000

No he didnt have road insurance on it he was just paying a guy that owns an excavating buisness to pull it out with a dozer. The truck wasnt anything special anymore after she's been driving it for 2 yrs. But now im glad I didnt try and pull her out because I probally would have broken somthing but hey thats his loss.

7. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

right, you did good just by offering. Save yourself the trouble. Sh!t happens at the worst times.