Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What are the options for longer brake lines?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shum1, Dec 12, 2000.

1. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

I'm lifitng to 6", is there an afordable alternative to the SS lines? Can you buy longer OEM types at the parts store?

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I don't know of any. Try Napa, or the dealer. If they don't have them, then I doubt anyone else would.

[​IMG]

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have heard of some people talking about longer OEM lines, but I am not sure which ones to buy. If you dont want to go SS, most companies sell longer rubber lines(Superlift) or you could check around your area, some people will custom make lines for you!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There is a stock line that will work up front with a 4 inch lift, but only if you have 1/2 ton calipers. The banjo bolts are slightly larger on 3/4 ton calipers. I'll try to remember to look up the number when I get home tonight.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

5. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

i didnt want to spend 130 on ss brake lines so i went to napa... they wanted 47 bucks a piece x 3 = lot more than ss brake lines...
    So i got ss brake lines... and love them

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

6. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

When i switched too ss lines i like the better pedal feel and it seemed to stop better.I only payed 90 bucks for all three of my lines.My friend just put the superlift vinyl covered ss lines they looked very nice i think he only payed 100 for them.

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Found the part number for the NAPA lines. These are about 4 inches longer than stock. It's # 38872. I think they're less than $20 each.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've been doing some research as well. Pro comp SS brake lines are $87 for all three. I had bought a set and had to return them. Glad I did since I found a lead on super long lines at Central 4WD. They're coiled and 24" longer than stock for the same price. Superlifts are 11" longer than stock and I don't know a price on them. I've sure heard that the SS lines will improve pedal feel a lot though.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Registered Member

I have used the NAPA part 38872 mentioned above for about 4 1/2 years so far with no problems. They are great.

Jim