Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What are the thoughts of ECTED

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hitches31, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Hitches31

Hitches31 Registered Member

I currently have a corp 10 bolt front with 3:73 gears with 30 spline. I'm plan on keeping it for now. It would be installed in my Daily driver and weekend worrior. I'm running 33 in tire and that as big as i'm going. In my area there mud, snow, sand. I'm using a MM 10,500 lbs hydro winch, 12 bolt rear with a Eaton Posi, Crom-moly 30 spline shafts. Is it worth the expence, Will the 10 bolt hold up to the ECTED. I like the Idea of having limited slip + a full locker when needed!

2. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

I have them in both the front and rear of my rig. I got them just as they cam out and was one of the first to give them an install on 10b. Nedless to say I spent a lot of time on the phone and email with the techs at auburn. They did not at the time know which bearings and races to use with this app as they are not stock size and the ones I got with my install kits were wrong.
    After I got all the bearings, and the other bag of goodies they foregot to put in my boxes I got them installed with no issue. I am running them with 4.56 gears and 37 mtr's. I have a new crate 350 700r4 208. I do a lot of snow driving and have towed out to many buddies with broken arb's (air line or compressor failure) so I wanted something selectable and if you loose the selectability (air/electriticty) you are not open but limited. I had a auburn limited slip in the rear previously and loved the way it performed.
    I took the install one step further and put in pulse width modulators and a voltage guage to monitior them. You can vary the lockup by varying the volts. I know that with my set up I can run them at 12.8 volts and put the hammer down spinning all 4 and not break anything, which is great since I am still on 10b though they have cryoed gears and alloy shafts. The clutches in the limited slip will give befeore my drivetrain will. I have ran them at 14.4 many times and never expierenced any breakage but if I am in a tough spot that will require full throttle I usually knock the voltage down. Make sure though that you get them 14.4 if you want them to fully lock up! I wheel mostly snow and rock and despite what they may say about 1/2 ton drivetrains I have not had any carnage as of yet. I wheeled the Dusy Ersham, Rubicon (4 times one in 4" snow), and Fordyce (2 times round trips one from the top and one from the bottom) in '06 plus may camping/fishing trips etc and have not any complaints yet.

3. Hitches31

Hitches31 Registered Member

That for the info it will be put to very good use!

4. GMCJason

GMCJason 1/2 ton status