Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What are they worth? (rims) Steve_Chin?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by lowlevell, Mar 31, 2001.

1. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

I found one of the anniversary 80' TA's. It is currently being sucked into the ground. The guy says its an 80' but in 80' they didnt have an anniversary TA, only the OFFICIAL PACE CAR TA. The guy doesnt even know what he has and is just letting it rot:( Im 99% sure this is a PACE CAR. It is in primer so i could not see any emblems. Its a 301 Turbo, the T-tops are mirrored, 4 wheel disk brake, and the interior is red and white and the rims are white.(well they used to be). Anyway, the guy will not sell the car, but he said he would sell the rims:) Other than the white paint starting to chip, they are in VGC. I am wondering what you guys think they are worth. I'll post a link of what they look like below. Also these rims are very hard to find around here where i live.

One From None

2. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

http://home.flash.net/~transams/IMG_0439.jpg

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There's nothing really special about those wheels other than the fact that they are correctly color-coded for a Daytona 500 Pace Car. The interior of the car itself should be white. The only red should be in parts of the special embroidering of the Firebird and in the button in the shifter knob.

Anyhow, the wheels are standard-faire Firebird Turbo-Flow wheels in 15"x8" J with zero offset. The only difference between them and any other set of Turbo-Flow wheels is the fact that they are painted white and have the color and date codes to go along with the Pace Car. I wouldn't pay a cent more than for any other set of Turbo wheels unless I already had a Pace Car that was in need of a set. I would guess that they're worht a few hundred bucks if they are really clean and include lugs and caps.

5. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

They are clean, meaning they have no "dents" in theyre beads.But they are starting to chip. I would like to get them stripped and repolished. Only 2 of them have centercaps. And the centercaps are black.
    The interior is (was) white with red accents. ie: The center part of the seats. I thought i read somewhere that the PACE CAR's came with either all white or white with red accented int :/ Is there a code somewhere on the car to look for? Because i have a feeling this guy may sell the car entirely someday.

One From None

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There were special option versions of these cars that had Recaro seats in them. Those seats would be grey/black/red. The rest of the interior should be light grey (not white like I said earlier...). Don't know what the trim codes are, sorry.

7. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

Oh, ok. The seats may have been light gray. The interior was very dirty. I thought it "was" white at one time:) It looks like it has every option offered for that year.

One From None