Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What are you California people paying???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Poohbair, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I am going to be leaving Washington state next week and driving down to San Diego. What are you folks along the I5 corridor in Cali paying for your fuel? Just wanna know what to expect for expenses along the way.
    Thanks.

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I dont know if they have them out there- BUT when we went to florida in the Duramax- I checked flyingj.com Flying J is a truck stop over here....and they list there prices and locations..they listed gas prices too. the diesel was at least 10 cents less a gallon than the place right next door.

Brandy

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'm about 25 miles off the I-5. We are paying $2.09 for the cheap stuff.. So on I-5 they are probably getting around $2.20.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You can't honestly get a real answer because it goes up daily here 1-3 cents a gallon. Right now it's like $2.10-$2.20 cheap stuff depending on the station and area in Sac along I-5... by the time you come that'll be higher for sure. Avoid downtown Sac for sure or you will pay a lot more...

I'd be scared to see what it is up north of Redding.... especially around Weed. They always are high (no pun intended). So if they were higher to begin with seeing how expensive it is now you'll be paying fat bucks. I know up in Truckee this past weekend it was $2.45 cheap stuff and up from there, so I'm willing to bet that is about what you'd pay.

5. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

You can join a flying J club and get a few cent discount on fuel there. My dad loans me his card whenever I travel between here and NM

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

****! I guess this trip down is not gonna be a "get gas when you have a 1/4 tank left..." It is gonna be Fill it when you pass a station that has it under 2bills a gallon! Especially since the new trip vehicle gets about 5-10 less MPG than the old minivan!

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If you are towing a trailer or have a place to put it carry a couple spare 5 gallon cans too...

8. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

It's about $2.10 per Gallon in Fresno for the cheap stuff.

I think $2.22 was the highest I've seen so far here.

9. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    ****! I guess this trip down is not gonna be a "get gas when you have a 1/4 tank left..." It is gonna be Fill it when you pass a station that has it under 2bills a gallon! Especially since the new trip vehicle gets about 5-10 less MPG than the old minivan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not going to find it under $2.00 a gallon here.. Filler up if it is under $2.15.