Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what are you guys paying

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by jason m, Nov 23, 2005.

1. jason m

jason m 1/2 ton status

whats a good price on a dana 60 front in this area, i got a chevy dully for a 150.00 with 4.10 gears and thought this was a damm good deal but my friend's where saying i paid a little to much. after seeing peaple here and on pirate paying close to a grand for the same axle i think its steal, so what are some of you guys paying for your 60 front axles ( chevy, dodge and ford ), jason.

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Tell your friend to find more of them if 150 is too much. The most I paid for one is the first one I ever bought, before I really knew what they were, and what they were going for. I've paid $40, $85, $100, and $125. Oh, and $7. yes 7 dollars. I've had close to 10 60s, GMs, Fords and Dodges.

3. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

That's a dam good price as far as I'm concerned. I paid $100 for mine with 4.10's. SRW & king pin as well. I've see guys locally pay $500+. Tell your friend he's on crack. If I could find more at that price, I'd be rich selling them to the moron Heepers on POR. :haha:

4. jason m

jason m 1/2 ton status

thats what i figured 150.00 is a good price, but a few of my friends are ten bolt guys and there thinking that the can run down the local junkyard and pick one up for 25.00 bucks, i would expect to have paid that price 7 years ago but now they are getting scarce, jason.

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I sell D60s for around 950.00. Anything less and you are stealing it. There used to be a bunch of farm trucks in fields around here, you could pick them up for a few hundred. Now all I seem to find are military trucks. If you can find ones listed as residue(military term for junk/scrap) you can buy them by weight. If not, 700-1200.

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Got mine for $200 beans. It's a SRW and had 3.73 gears but no hubs. Hubs are damn expensive for this axle! Heck, everything is expensive for this axle! :rolleyes:

7. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The hubs arent' cheap, but you can find hubs off a heavy duty Ford 3/4 ton, with the TTB 50. They used a TTB 44, but of course that has the small hubs. They are alot of those trucks in yards, alot more than 60s.