Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what are you guys planning on doing for your winter projects?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by UNCLE CRACKER, Nov 3, 2003.

1. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

Just wondering what you guys are doing to your trucks over the winter. my winter projects are
    1. Narrow my front clip (take 7inches out of each side) which thanks to Jason(cornfed) its pretty much done.
    2. make my wheel well openings bigger.(trying to make room for 44s)
    3. put in a Mojave heater
    4. new motor (383)
    5. take out headlights and put some Hella 6inch round driving lights in their place.
    6. and if I have money left over get it painted.
    All of the body mods are pretty much done but the front clip is still off so I can swap the motor easier. I hope to be done by the first of the year but you guys know how projects end up taking a lot longer than you thought.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Dang that sounds like a morph job on an already awesome truck!

Me..........not much, just enjoying driving the Burb. Pretty much done for now.........it's lifted and has 35" X Terrains, front end is completely rebuilt, all new ball joints, brakes, etc. Might be thinking about a 14BFF (has a 14BSF now) with 4.88's and a Detroit but not till spring/summer. Keep us posted on the progress!

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

im not planning much for mine this year....im diving into a 67gmc 2wd..project....aluminum headed small block,should make like 450hp or so......and its getting painted also...so there goes most of my time and money....i am making a new rear bumper for the blazer and new pinion seal for the front end...but thats it...

4. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

Well for me.Im gonna buy another truck.I sold my 73 so now I need another.Then I will build it from there as the money allows this winter.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My burbs getting a turbo, and new exhaust. new interior ( no more vinyl flooring) new stereo. flipping the rear.. No more blocks!
    also putting in a 14FF.

the wagon is getting:
    crossover finished
    new front installed
    wire up the harness for the TBI
    finish the radiator mount
    seat mounts
    column and brakes finished
    gauges mounted and wired.
    finish the tail gate and build a rear bumper for it.
    finish the anti wrap bars (front and rear)

I have most of it started, just need to tie up loose ends.

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i have to rebuild the front end on my luv
    other than that i need to get rid of my ford before it makes me so mad i kill somebody
    Im hoping to get a 2wd luv and start my v-8 street truck project /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Dude! Are we going to see some pictures of this '67 or what! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'm thinking of getting one myself and need some insperation

The K5 needs
    ~Crossover completed
    ~front 8-lug
    ~rebuild and install rear Eaton
    ~install fans
    ~a butt laod more stuff
    My other project...........Well I don't even want to think about that. It just needs to be running when I wake up one day. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I need to put mine back together! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Mine is my daily driver and will be used to tow a camp trailer, so I am building a road friendly / trail capable rig. I hope to do a S-10 conversion once i get the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif done. That will take awhile though!

9. leadfoot067

i dont have a digi camera.....don is kinda busy lately.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but its in my garage if ya wanna see it... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif theres a washington members thing soon for the 67-72 board you gonna be there ??

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    theres a washington members thing soon for the 67-72 board you gonna be there ??

[/ QUOTE ] you elitist sunso' bitches....:flipoff:.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifI poop on your "First Gen Club"... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. leadfoot067

neener neener neener /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think first gens should include 73-75, so bugger off fawkwad.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm in the process of ording a doubler from Staz Werks.
    My old rear springs are going to make it to the front.
    The bender is set up and currently I have 60' of 2" and 20' of 1.5"(making up some bumpers and eventually get 1.75" die and cage it)
    Depending on just how lazy I get I'm realy thinking about finding some coils that will work for the rear and linking it.