Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What are you running for 6X9's ???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What are you running for 6X9\'s ???

When I do put my stereo in the K5, I'm thinking of getting some JBL T595 6X9's [​IMG] Anyone heard these speakers yet ??? [ QUOTE ]
    T595 Limited
    15 x 24cm (6"x9") 3-Way Multi-Element
    •Rugged Cast Frame baskets - provides maximum rigidity and support for the motor
    •Titanium tweeters for outstanding high frequency reproduction
    •Kevlar-filled lacquer-sealed molecular-bound
    •Bi-amplification connection to drive low and high frequency drive independently
    •Butyl rubber surround for enhanced sonic performance as well as extended durability
    •Re-coning - T595 can be re-coned for a lifetime of musical pleasure

Specifications
    RMS Power: 150W
    Peak Power: 300W
    Impedance: 4 Ohms
    Sensitivity: 94dB
    Frequency Response: 35Hz - 22kHz
    Mounting Depth: 118mm
    Mounting Cutout Size (Diameter): 152x229mm

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

Re: What are you running for 6X9\'s ???

dude, those are sum sweet speakers. w/ 150W rms, u can run some big time loudness. My friend has a pair of these in his truck (its a reg cab chevy) man do they thump; and hes only running 75W to each. the only part i don't like about them is the color and grill, but thats what spray paint and homo-depot is for. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif if they're in ur price range, go for it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif btw, the best part about them is u can redo the cone if u crack/break/maim/destroy it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif a big plus if u run them close to maxpower and stuff flies around ur cab...err...well...yeah, if stuff flies around. lol. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

cant say that i have heard them but i like that type of style with the cone seperated from the tweeter. the only thing is that the best sounding pair of 6x9s ive seen used a horn tweeter and it sounded a lot nicer then the tweeters used in most 6x9s.
    king

4. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Horn tweeters are not considered audiophile quality, they give distorted highs. They may be loud but not accurate. Do you know of any high end home stereo system that uses horns (no, Klipsch is not considered audiophile quality).
    My friend put a pair of Sony Xplods 3-ways in his K5 and they sound decent. When we did an A-B comparison with others it gave the cleanest, most even frequency response for the money. They were only about $100/pr. What price range are you looking at?

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i have a pair of JVC something or other 3way 6x9's with 150x a piece rms.

i hear the music...and it is good...what else can i say?

6. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

I use kenwoods. 3way 4 speaker ovals. Right Here these things are freakin LOUD. and I don't even have them on an amp yet. that's next!

-Scott

7. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

Alpine SPS-690A's. cleanest sound i've ever heard, and i got em too! not muchpower handling (50Wrms) but u don't need it. they're 3-ways too.

8. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

These are what I am currently running, I have not heard the speakers you are looking at buy I have read good things about them.

Componets
    6x9

Currently I am not running any amp on those and they are by far the best I have heard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif