Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What are your opinions on tirerack.com and KUMHO tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AFUFO, Jun 1, 2006.

1. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Looking for opinions on the

Road Venture MT 834, From KUMHO Tires, And looking for thoughts about the store tirerack.com

Comment away! They have some 35x12.50x15s i want in a few months. 138/tire and im on a BUDGET

Heres the tires-
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Road+Venture+MT+834&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=525QR5VMTOWL&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Edit - LMAO @ Some of the reviews, Where did these idiots goto school?!

2. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I used to buy a lot of tires from these guys when I managed a tire store. I mostly bought specialty tires and always had good luck. Even had to go through the warranty process a few times and had great service. I cannot speek knowledgably about the Kumho tires you asked about but I have had good luck with other Kumho models.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I recently made 2 purchases from tirerack.com and was very impressed with them. Had the tires here in 2 days.

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I love Kumho tires, especially since my bud is good friends with one of the head regional reps. he got 35 12-50 15 mud terrains for 79 bucks a piece before. I have Kumho on my 70' chevy truck, work great and got'um cheap too.

5. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Don't suppose he could get me some good rates shipped factory direct eh? :wink1:

Thanks for all the replies, This will likely be the place i order from later this summer or early fall, And ill go with kumhos!!!

But another question, How well do these air down for beach and rocks? Beach SHOULDNT be a problem on 35x12.5s, but with a 7000 pound loaded blazer, Who knows?

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I have 2..

I have 2 "Kumho"tires,235/75/15's,on the front of my 79 C10--got them from my friend that ran a tire and alignment shop...they were on a ladys car for 2 years,and her boss buys her new tires every few years whether she needs them or not--(she delivers blood plasma and donor organs to hospitals!..ulp!--and does not need flats!)...the tires still looked new,and they had 25,000 miles on them!..

They have been on my truck since 2004 or so..I dont drive far,but I'd guess I put 10,000 more on them,and they still have deep tread,and no sign of dry rot cracks in the sidewalls either..wish I could say the same for one of the rear tires(different brand,dunlop I think)..its cracking so bad I might have to trash it,and the tread is knee deep!..a goodyear wrangler on the other side is holding up well..found it on a jeep in the boneyard--brank new spare,never touched the ground,and still had the sticker on it--25 bucks!..:D

7. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

I have uses Tirerack on numerous occasions and Kumho (ecsta's) on my race car (RX-7) and I recommend them both. Good prices.

8. kp texan

kp texan 1/2 ton status

I have Kumho Ecsta Supras on my Corvette and have been quite satisfied as well. I know these aren't off road tires but just thought I'd share my opinion about the company.

-Wes

9. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

I also agree. I've always had good experience ordering from tirerack.com; and I know many people from the PCA who use Kumho's soft race compound tires to autocross their Porsches.

10. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Allright, Its about 633 including shipping for the 35x12.50x15 to my house, Not too bad. Anything better then kumhos that i could get for cheaper?

138/tire.