Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What axles do I have?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by airheadpilot, Sep 9, 2004.

1. airheadpilot

airheadpilot Registered Member

All,

How do I tell what axles/diffs I have? There's nothing in my owner's manual and different online specification sites list my vehicle as having Dana 35/44/60's or Corporate 14-bolts. Is there a way to tell without taking the diffs apart and looking? There are occasionally some great prices on eBay for ARB air-lockers and othersuch stuff, but they're always for specific axles rather than vehicle make and model. The truck in question is a 1987 GMC Suburban, 3/4-ton 4wd with the 350 TBI and a TH350.

Thanks!

Andrew in Belmont, CA /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

if your truck is stock your front axle is a gm 10-Bolt,28 spline. the rear axle is either semi or full floating 14 bolt. you can tell the difference by the hubs. a full floating axle will have a hub sticking out past the wheel studs. semi floating axles will be flat in that area.if there are caps on the wheels you'll probly have to take one off to see whats underneith.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

BTW, there is an axle ID chart on this website. check it out