Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What brand amp?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by lawman5050, Jun 15, 2003.

1. lawman5050

lawman5050 Registered Member

I would like to hear everybodies opinnion about what companies make a good amplifier. I am in the process of building a system for my '86 jimmy and have everything but amps. I am not building a competition system so I am looking for midline quality and price. Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't want to get ripped off by getting a piece of junk but I also don't want to go broke buying top end equipment.

Thanks in advance.

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

go to ebay
    buy a new amp from anyone who looks respectable...it will probably work

there ya go

look in local trader papers

btw...all cars have 4 wheels...all cars will drive down the street...so why buy a viper when a metro will do the job? just keep it in mind if you just want "an" amp

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I would like to hear everybodies opinnion about what companies make a good amplifier. I am in the process of building a system for my '86 jimmy and have everything but amps. I am not building a competition system so I am looking for midline quality and price. Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't want to get ripped off by getting a piece of junk but I also don't want to go broke buying top end equipment.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ] Top quality- MMATS, US Amps. Midgrade- MTX, Kicker, Orion.

4. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

I have a Kenwood that I like and have never had any problems with. It is over 3 years old, been in 3 or 4 different vehicles and with great results running a sub. I have also had Rockford Fosgates in the past that were good. You don't want to get the cheapest ones out there, but you don't need the most expensive either.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Personnally I like DB drive right now. It will probably be different next year. They are reasonably priced especially for their perfomance. Not only do I use them in my daily, but my work vehicle and for competion.

Orion and Memphis also put out quality amps.

6. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I would have to say that JL Audio makes a decent amp right now and so does Rockford Fosgate both of these are stable to 1 ohm.

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

btw...all cars have 4 wheels...all cars will drive down the street...so why buy a viper when a metro will do the job? just keep it in mind if you just want "an" amp

[/ QUOTE ]

So why aren't you driving a Metro? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif