Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What brand lift???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ross, May 17, 2001.

1. Ross

Ross Registered Member

I am planing to get a six inch lift this week end and i do not know what brand i should go for. I want to get front and rear springs that are soft and have felx for week end off-roading. It would also be nice to know where to get them and what i should get for the stearing. Thanks a lot for any help.

1986 white K5

2. gabdam

gabdam Registered Member

rough country sells a pretty good lift and it not to expensive

3. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I prefer Superlift. I have 8" front & rear and they don't ride
    bad at all. Superlift also stands behind there springs, I ran Skyjacker in the past on my Toyota and was going to by the same and a local shop in N.O. LA didn't recommend them because they don't stand behind there products without a hastle. I've had good luck buying from 4wheelparts, if you let them know you are going to buy now and you are not just pricing it seems to help. Steering they will recommend what you need but I think just a 4" steering arm is all that's necessary. I buy lots of parts and I buy from one guy at 4wheelparts "Mingo-x5705" he hooks me up! Oh! Save money and buy the Genuine Suspension setup it's actually Superlift, that's what I have and the springs have superlift stickers and part numbers.

4. Ross

Ross Registered Member

Thanks for the help NOT4SHW

1986 white K5

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I will be going with BDS shortly, I HOPE!!! Alot of people like that lift here on this board. Do a search on it. They have an excellant warranty as well. Check out there site at www.bds-suspension.com