Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What brand of brakes are good?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by not4show, Apr 30, 2002.

1. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

It's about time for me to put new brakes on my truck. What is a good quality brand that I can use?

2. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I went to napa and bought their premium brakes. You have to specify that you want their "white box" They came with life time warranty. I also replaced my rotors etc. I haven't had any problems with them. I wouldn't get their lower end brakes though. My b/f used to work there so he knew what to get.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I use Raybestos Brute Stop (BS52M) and have had good luck with them. On my s10 the almost work too good (the front lock up befor the rear w/ no load in the bed).

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Last time I had my brakes done, the front pads wore out pretty quick, so my mechanic warrantied them, and got them upgraded to "Fleet Grade" pads. I am pretty sure he got them at Napa.

5. BigBri

BigBri Registered Member

NAPA pads have always worked well for me, but so have the AC Delco from the chevy dealer, there a little more expensive, but they are worth it

6. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

Bendix Fleet Duty is what I'm using; i think they're pretty expensive but I got a wicked deal on em.

All the cops and taxi's use these pads up here.

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my sky jackers have held up to some serious stops in my suburban, and i haven't had any problems with them. i think a suburban could be harder on lines in a sudden stop than a blazer/jimmy.