Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what carb should i run

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big83chevy4x4, Dec 2, 2002.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

My cousin has three carbs and is willing to give me one of them. He has a holley 650, holley 750, and a demon 850. it is going on a 350 horse 350. i am building the truck for mud, sand, and some trails here in michigan. he is giving it to me as in free. i would like to go to fuel injection sometime in the future. what carb should i use?

2. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

I would use the 850 demon until you save up for a 600 edelbrock anthing over 600 is going to drown that thing

3. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

the 650 cfm carb. anything more than that on a sb 350 is overkill! that is unless you have a badass motor (high hp, and torque), that will see very high rpm's! the 750 might work, but it is too big as well. i'm not saying that they wouldn't work, but you'd have to probably mess with them alot, change jets, and stuff, to try and get them to work.

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

You can get away with the 650 Holley if it has vacumm secondaries and you jet it down.

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have used Holley, Edelbrock, Predator, and Demon. The only thing I can tell you is that the stock Q-jet is one of the best built carbs out there. if you go Edelbrock or Holley, you'll need the float kit for off roading. Demon is a great carb for street use. Predator is excellent for everything, but costs a pretty penny! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Have you Q-jet bullet proofed and leave it. It'll run better and longer than any of the others. I have NEVER had my Q-jet stall out off road. All of my others DID!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif