Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what cluch is everyoen running?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Sep 9, 2003.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i have a stock 350, and i do drive it stupid on the street and stupid off-road, what would everyone recomend? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I would recommend not driving so stupid. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I used the Centerforce Stage 2 and I have the 11" disc I think thats the size. Hope this helpss

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I have a "Power Torque" clutch from Advanced Auto. Supposedly it's from the makers of Zoom. It's a diaphram type pressure plate and it cost me $156. Holds pretty good if you ask me.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I have a sachs set up. cost me $85 for the set up (disc, pressure plate, pilot and throwout bearing, even came with an alignment tool) everything is new no cores and a 12 month warrenty, funny part is my warrenty will be up before I get the thing on the trail,LOL!!!

6. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

I am running centerforce stage II in my 88 truck with a ho 383 and like it. I was running a CF stage II in my 454ed blazer and it was ok, moved up to the CF stage III and after it broke in I like it.

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

CenterForce II kit for me too.
    I put it in back in 94 and I have yet had to adjust it!! It has been great! Heluv alot softer than the old 3fork pplate I took out too!!

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Same clutch I'm using. No problems so far!

9. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

LUK makes a damn good clutch. I have one in my garage to throw on when I do my motor swap...

10. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I had a Centerforce Dual Friction in my truc for a while...THEY ARE WAY overpriced. Plus the Centerforce TO bearing is CRAP, mine went out in less tahn a year...Now behind my 454, I have a LUK ProGold. I LOVE IT, NEVER slips, deals well with my 4500rpm clutch drops with 37s and 3.73s /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It feels really nice...PLus I got it for like $160 for the Disc, TO bearing, PP, and alignment tool...Just an FYI, LUK makes all the Centerforce Pressure plates...my Centerforce DF had LUK stamped in the pressure plate...But if you are tight on $$$ I ewould get a LUK Rep Set...Great clutch and great price...I can get them for like $95 with everyting...

chris

11. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Mine's a 12" stock replacement diaphragm-type. The brand on the box was "Sach's" although "Borg &amp; Beck" was stamped into the pressure plate and disc. Only $150. Included the alignment tool and TO bearing as well. It muscled my 7700lb crewcab around without slippage. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

IMO, the larger 12" diameter is probably just as (or more) effective than the 11" with a high-buck friction material. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea, good choices is what im hearing from everyone, good replys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

I have a Borg and Beck coil spring 12" clutch($60). Definetly go with 12", if you can afford it go with the centerforce dual friction, I couldnt afford it at $430. But it gives you something like 4 times holding capacity and a light pedal feel.

14. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I am going to get a clutch set from Ott's friction supply.
    For $150 I can get an 11" disk with ceramic on one side and organic on the other, new pressure plate and all the other stuff.
    A guy at work was going to have them make him one with ceramic on both sides but all he would have is on and off with it. So he got one made with the dual facings and he says it works great.
    Luk, Zoom and such are god clutchs, whatever ya get just don't cheap out and get a reman one.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have a Napa clutch in mine, seems to be a Zoom. 12" as well. diaphram style, I won't use a Borg &amp; beck. $140 lifetime

16. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

Just got done doing the hydro conversion on my truck and replaced the old clutch with a Luk Pro-Gold fortcollinsram talked me into it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and im glad i did, that clutch and with the new conversion my truck is so much nicer

also www.dialaclutch.com has really good prices on LUK clutches

17. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I've got the Centerforce II behind my 407BB. The Centerforce 2 is just a repainted LUK with the weights on the diaphram...If ya look on the pressure plate, you can find the LUK symbol under the red Centerforce paint. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hmm..I'll have to look into them next time.

19. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I got my LUK from dial-a-clutch as well. Great customer support and tech, I told em' what I was going to use the truck for, and that I wanted to put in the biggest clutch possible if I could upgrade, and they took care of me.

20. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

Yes LUK, very good clutch. Mine stood up to 80000 miles and 4 summers worth of truck pulling behind a decent big block untill I.............gulp............put an auto in. 12inch was like 225 i think. you got a small block so i'm assuming its 11inches and maybe cheaper. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif