Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what clutch for sm465?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ncgamedog, Dec 10, 2005.

1. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

got a lifter ticking... so gonna pull the motor and go through the top end (cam, roller rockers, gear drive, intake, pro-jection... oh lifters too of coarse) thought i would through a clutch at it while i'm there. proly still has original 78' clutch in it. what is a nice hich friction clutch thats is easily available, preferably from summit cause i'm placing a big order from there anyway. thanks -justin

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I like LUK clutches, never a problem. (many many LUK's, and not one gone bad) Centerforce II or Dual friction is good too. (friction disc made by LUK anyway).
    Avoid any reman jobs, Zoom, probably many others. Make sure to get a whole kit (disc, plate, bearing).

3. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Agree on Luk clutches. My next clutch will be a Luk...

rene

5. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

looked at the site. which one the pro-gold? sounds good. i like the price:eek1: a ram from summit is basicly 350$ and throw out bearing is add. 13$. :( does anyone have experiance w/ the pro gold?

6. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the pro-gold in my truck and it has been the bast clutch I have ever used. I have a healthy 400sb with 42's and I have never had my clutch act up. It has never slipped when fully engaged and it's one of the smoothest engaging clutches. On steep hills, it is extremely predictable and you can easily slip it slightly to hold the truck. Get the 12" diaphram clutch and give 'er hell!