Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Color Is My Blazer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TallCowGirl, Oct 10, 2002.

1. TallCowGirl

TallCowGirl Registered Member

Hi There...I have a 1973 K5 Blazer and I'm trying to figure out what was the original color paint code for my truck. The original factory option sticker is still there on the left fender under the hood, but the left side of it is gone. The only color information which remains on the decal says "Catalina Blue Dark" for the exterior paint color and "Slate Blue" for the interior. I found some original Chevrolet sales brouchures on the WWW for 1973, but "Catalina Blue Dark" is not listed. It's a sort of electric metallic blue color (my favorite) and if you have a 1973 Chevy Blazer or truck with this color and know the paint code for it, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Diana

Here's a picture from earlier in the summer when I was installing the new 383 engine in my Blazer. I dont know if this color was original or not.
    [​IMG]

Here's a copy of what some of the original color options for 1973 were...
    [​IMG]

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Hit the auto paint store. They have books and books and application charts to match up colors. Or call them on the phone first to see what info they need.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I am pretty sure it's been repainted so it's a hard call as to what it is in that picture.
    Check a 74 brochure. Your truck may have been a late 73 and already picked up the 74 colors.
    So where did you land? Last I saw you you were in the process of moving east.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I happend to drive mine to work today and it was blue originaly so I went and looked at the build sheet. My truck was "Catalina Blue 12". My quess is the color varied with the production run.
    http://www.slosh.com/cars/brochures/ has all the brochures but something is wrong and when you click on them they tcp error. Might be up later.
    Went to my site where I had some pictures where the unmollested dash was visiable and my MSN site is gone /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif See if it shows up later.

5. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

Try code 22
    1974 med blue metallic