Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What color is the guage light wire?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I need to wire my check engine light into the dash light circuit, what color is the positive wire for the dash lights?

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

im pretty sure it was the brown wire.if you look on the harness it will be on the big end of the plug,2rows from the end on the top row.i looked it up in my chilton.id check the voltage before and after you turn on the light switch to make sure though.let me know if it was the right one.

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Thanks! I know which one it is on the plug, but I'm trying not to have to pull the dash. I have enough work to do as it is /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

if you just want to run power.you can splice in a jumper wire to the light or whatever you are trying to run.you can pull the wire out of the harness and solder a jumper wire to it to power whatever when you turn your lights on /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif