Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what color should i paint her

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FatBoyBlazer, Jun 23, 2002.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

<font color="red">what color should i paint my blazer after i get the body re-worked,keep in mind that i'm gonna go with fiber glass fornt fenders with a 3 inch flare and big cowl induction hood and a moon visor /forums/images/icons/cool.gif </font color> <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1024896928FatBoyBlazer">

What Color
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />black with silver flames
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />orange
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />orange with a kinda pearl(like big blaze)
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />stock(black and silver two tone with a double red pinstripe)
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />Black with "ghost flames"
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="6" />another color(post it)
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yellow would be cool too.

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I would love to paint my suburban a powdery orange color. Kind of a creamsicle color, or flames. Flames rule

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hmmm...all the cool Blazers are flat black. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah i'd LOVE to have flames on my sub. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    all the cool Blazers are flat black

[/ QUOTE ]

so that means mine is 1/2 cool???

Mine WAS going to be BLACK..but after the estimate for that, we decided to go with a deep charcol grey color. Black paint == TONS of $$$ in prep work. having said that, if money was not an issue- I'd paint her black. Black would increase my body work/prep estimate by almost $1,000.. EVERY little imperfection is going to be magnified 10000000 times by black shiny paint.

Brandy

7. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I'm with Rene! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Mine is flat black with bedliner up to the upper body line. Makes for really easy touch up jobs... just shake and spray! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Dan

8. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

You could try using cyberods.com . You send them a picture and they put it on their web site. Then you can change the paint, add flames, etc. It is really designed for street rods as you can lower it, change the rake and chop the top. It's pretty cool!

9. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

RED

Eat More Mud!!!

10. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

i like silver /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My favorite Blazer/Truck color is definitely BLACK!
    Second(s) on the list are <font color="blue"> blue </font color> or <font color="red"> red </font color>.

I have seen some sharp looking blazers with a blue and silver two-tone that are the sweetest I have seen, but the choices above are for solid colors.

I painted my grey 80 Black (actually it's primer grey now and will be black again), and I lucked out when I bought the 78 as it was painted red by P.O.

One warning. Going with a dark color (i.e. Black or dark Blue). You will pay a more $$ in body work (if the shop is a good one you will pay anyways), as it shows dents/waves/etc more than other colors. They are still there with the other colors and should have been removed, but most shops will just paint over them as they won't "show" as much.

One thing to consider is to get a thick or double coat of clear no matter what color you go with, as stratches can be buffed out easier and more often and gives a buffer room to get rid of orange peel without over thinning the clear.
    A little more green $$ up front, but cheaper than a repaint with color match......

All this is if you would like it to look good. If you are going to wheel heavily with it, I would say dark primer it, spray it flat black and call it a day. Then post wheeling repair can be done easily and cheaply. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

12. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

rattle can is definitely a good thing if you are wheeling that truck.mines primer since the day i bought it.i might paint it one day though.im going midnight blue with mine.i dont really like the stock baby blue that much.flames are also a really cool thing to have.

13. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    My Blazer is black and yes, the scatches show up and if you want it perfect it will cost more to get it there but who really cares if your whellin. It will still look sweet and I get a TON of compliments on it with the scatches.
    Used, but not abused.... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I submit, gloss black, with all touchups done in flat black and edges in rust brown...Like mine!!!